The Departed 2006 Reviews

DrShisha

Howdy, now alot of ma mates who are like 18 19 have seen this movie and they think its a pile of shit. Now all the international papers reviews sites think its the bomb! now i dont wanna see it unless my thinking intelligent folk here give it the thumbs up.

I have not seen the remake you are speaking about, but I can tell you that the original Korean film it is based on (Infernal Affairs) is remarkably good. Great story, intricate plot, and great acting.

[quote name='ioannisds']I have not seen the remake you are speaking about, but I can tell you that the original Korean film it is based on (Infernal Affairs) is remarkably good.  Great story, intricate plot, and great acting.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure its not a korean film but rather a Hong Kong movie since it has Andy Lau etc. I know...its easy to get us Asian types confused!

• 3 weeks later...
Yea I'm a little late on this one but rather late than never I guess. The Departed is a very similar, if not exact replica which changed scenery of a chinese movie called, Infernal Affairs. The Departed was VERY good, and if you get a chance definately check out the original Infernal Affairs, not to be confused with Internal Affairs, Infernal kicks some major ass, and has a great cast of actors, as long as you don't mind subtitles I guess.
-Dan John