Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes and Scientology...Whats your take???

So, today my boss and I got into a discussion about Katie and Tom..
Katie is in quite the pickel....Not to mention she is being force fed the BS of scientology and she doesnt even believe in it...

I went online and did some researching of exactly what it is...

here is some stuff that I dug up...

www.wikipedia.com type in Xenu and read the article.

Also, the actual website for scientology, www.scientology.org

Let me know your thoughts on Katie and her situation...Also, what about this new religon...What do you think?

HAHA! Yeah it is insane!

As for Katie...She wasnt forced into the relationship at all...What I mean is that she was all lovesick over Tom, got knocked up...Knew that he was a whacko, told herself that she could deal with it...Now, she is stuck with him and she is starting to realize how crazy he really is...

Tom forced her to have a natural birth with no anesthetic because Scientology says that birth should not be done with any anesthetics...
He is forcing her to stop eating so she will be thin for their wedding...AND, he is forcing her to learn scientology by assigning a teacher to be with her 24-7 and make her learn....She cannot go anywhere without this person, and whenever she does something against scientology, this "Teacher" is there to correct her.

It's up to her whether or not to have a natural birth, Tom can't force her to. Tom's house sounds like something of a Concentration Camp. Force fed false beliefs, starvation, rights taken away, and I'll bet he's got a special movie theater with a single chair with leather straps to show her Scientology propaganda films.

poor poor katy holmes... im sure she couldnt possibly get out if she wanted to. its not like she would get any support from the general public since shes completely unknown right? she couldnt call the police if shes being kept against her will. that poor girl.

shes there by choice guys come on.

[quote name='SanguineSolitude']poor poor katy holmes... im sure she couldnt possibly get out if she wanted to. its not like she would get any support from the general public since shes completely unknown right? she couldnt call the police if shes being kept against her will. that poor girl.

shes there by choice guys come on.[/quote]
I agree with you for the most part. She's probably got some emotional attachment to him, as well as the fact she's carrying his child. If it's really as bad as I was making it out to be (sarcasm, of course), I'm sure she'd be out of there.

Well she is no longer carrying the baby, its already here.... Tom is a monster, dont you think that if Katie even tried to leave, he would make her life a living hell..I mean he would plaster lies and shit all over magazines and tv about her...I understand why she is stuck, plus if there was a custody battle, yeah sure she would win, shes the mom but TOM is an actor as well with massive amounts of money, it would be a blood bath in the court room....either way she is going to have to live this down for the rest of her life!

dont forget katie holmes isnt some poor housewife. shes also an actress with tons of money.

personally i dont really care much about the lives of celebrities. i think if she really wants to leave him she will. if she doesnt... she wont. simple.

Yeah, well we will see what happens...I dont care for celebrity lives either...Thats the price they pay for stardom and billion dollar salaries...I was more or less hoping that we could discuss scientology though, hoping that someone else here could explain it better...I just dont understand it...

its pretty difficult to understand scientology. it was founded by a man who earlier in his life told people that the best way to get rich was to start your own religion... and then he started his own religion and people still believed in it. The religion flies in the face of common sense, plausibility, science, and all logical thought. its manipulative and false, catering very nicely to rich people and mistreating the poorer believers. Its pretty much crazy. the whole bit with Xenu and the aliens is a bit ridiculous i must say.

for a good article criticizing it read this
[url="http://skepdic.com/dianetic.html"]http://skepdic.com/dianetic.html[/url]

I think its time to get real abotu Katie Holmes. She's just fucking crazy. FUCKING. CRAZY. Right up there with Tom Cruise. At first I thought she was pressured into the relationship, and overwhelmed, but as time went on, it was obvious that she was just a spaced out kid willing to do anything she was told. She wants this relationship.

I've read a great deal about sciencetology, (I actually own Dianetics), and all I can say is....wow. I personally can't really hate on ANYBODYs religion, but as far as I'm concerned, its a cult fueled by people that need to feel special and by people who need to feel wanted, and thats what Scientology feeds off of. I'm sorry but any religion brought to be by a science fiction writer, with facts that have been proven wrong in pretty much everyway, needs to be highly suspect, not a fad. Not tomention the thousands you have to pay to be part of the church.

I say religion, but since they havnt, and hoepfully never will, be given church status, I use the term loosely.

My view on Scientology - any religion with it's own 'Celebrity Center' isn't very religious at all. Plus, if a religion is so out-there that it freaks out Courtney Love, then it's probably pretty out-there. Savvy?

Its no less believable than christianity, hinduism or satanism...and its in color!

People take responsibility for yourselves, please! If such and such is allegedly being forced into doing something, she needs to take responsibility over her life and do what it takes to get herself ontrack. Nobody can force anybody to do anything...people have to choose what is important to them and live with their own decisions. If she isn't happy with him, she has to get up and leave...stop making excuses. Some people might end up in a life or death situation...if they are of conscience, they will choose death over not controlling their own lives or own morals/ethics, within reason. People do it all the time...they are soldiers, police officers and firemen...think about it.

[quote name='SanguineSolitude']its pretty difficult to understand scientology. it was founded by a man who earlier in his life told people that the best way to get rich was to start your own religion... and then he started his own religion and people still believed in it. The religion flies in the face of common sense, plausibility, science, and all logical thought. its manipulative and false, catering very nicely to rich people and mistreating the poorer believers. Its pretty much crazy. the whole bit with Xenu and the aliens is a bit ridiculous i must say.

for a good article criticizing it read this
[url="http://skepdic.com/dianetic.html"]http://skepdic.com/dianetic.html[/url][/quote]

this guy was also a science fiction writer and if i remember correctly, a child molester, but i might be wrong on that part.

worr lord: i loved that episode!!! im a huge south park fan!! they basically explained scientology in a nutshell.

• 2 weeks later...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061119/ap_on_...e_cruise_holmes Heres the article from yahoo, which has links to all sorts of other articles about it. That stuffs just damn creepy. On one hand, you think they;d say something to peopl wishing them well, on the other hand, its their special day and the don't want to be bothered with the masses, which I suppose is their right. Makes you wonder though...

I've gotta say that I won't knock on other religions.
I'm Catholic but it doesn't mean I've got anything against Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism or anything.

But these are all religions that come from before... the counting of time?
Scientology, as has been stated, is from a science fiction writer.
I'm sorry, but I don't think the founder of a religion should have a fan club.
Jesus certainly didn't

Nor should its buildings contain celebrity centers (also previously stated)

I've always been partial to being a Viking. Waiting for Ragnarok. Knowing how the world will end.
It seems like, if everyone was a Viking, the world would be better off.
We'd all end up fighting the gods during Ragnarok anyway, so why would we fight each other?

And I hate Tom Cruise. He has one front tooth.

QUOTE (pboyle)
But these are all religions that come from before... the counting of time?
Scientology, as has been stated, is from a science fiction writer.
I'm sorry, but I don't think the founder of a religion should have a fan club.
Jesus certainly didn't

Well, scientology is no more or less fact than christianity/catholicism. I would definitely call christianity a Jesus fan club...besides, I think the scientologists know their religion is a bunch of hocum, whereas the christians have deluded themselves into believing this fantastic tale about a god and Jesus, when educated translations clearly show that they modern bible is a poorly translated version of the original scriptures...yet people are still devoutly believing the bad interpretation of the strange, fictitious story! Pretty silly, people.