Thoughts regarding new code of conduct

ikellen

I understand that we shouldn't be insulting others, and I'll admit I may have been guilty of this in the first King Mo thread, but I want to bring up a different perspective on the code of conduct.

While members should not be insulting people, I think action should be taken against people who create threads just to cause stupid arguments, or continually try to irritate people.

In King Mo's thread, he never responded with something that even remotely resembled intelligent debate, it was always comments strictly written to show how he thought he was right and how everyone else was wrong. I don't know about others, but that qualifies as an insult just as much as some of the comments directed at King Mo.

Whether he wrong or right, the responses he wrote back to people were degrading and inflammatory.

Thoughts?

The new code of conduct seems fine. I personally draw a line between insults (which you'll see on every forum, especially american ones like sherdog for example, an MMA forum) and racism.

Owned, pwned, noob and whatnot :D

If you noticed, I personally did not react negatively to the odd name-calling, it's naturally expected and as I know exactly what I'm talking about, and some of those who opposed my view seemed to have confidence in their views, naturally conflict could ensue.

Discriminatory or Prejudiced comments should be stamped out and discouraged, after all, despite the arguments, this is a public forum, and with the internet containing many excitable people, there is no need to go to that vile level.

King Mo is no martyr, this is why I give and take, but this has to be to a sensible level.

Thoughts regarding the new code of conduct? I think the namecalling should be discouraged, but I feel racism/prejudice and namecalling are 2 different things therefore that would be my only criticism (that there seems to be no distinction drawn between the 2)

Racism, prejudice, etc do NOT belong on this hookah forum. PERIOD. If you can't keep your personal feelings about race/religion,and politics OUT of your forum discussions than steps will be taken, this means EVERYONE.

If you Don't like a particular group of people, and a memeber of that group is on this forum, you will keep your feelings to yourself.

This is a Forum, it is not really PUBLIC. It is open to the public, but it operates under certain SIMPLE guidlines. If you can't follow those guidlines you CAN be kept from using this forum. It's not like its a RIGHT.

SO..both of you shut up already and discuss hookah and only hookah if that is thats the only way you can stay civil.

Our 1st 2 test subjects are clearly about to volunteer.

No problem whatsoever.

This mirrors a policy I carry at a site of my own. The threads that were locked were replied to myself.... and I used language and a point of view that is blatantly "flagrant".

I for one apologize if I was the problem or contributed to it.

and for two... am wide open for correction. I am used to a few sites where political threads go full throttle.... I must remember that this site is not so geared up for that genre.

I respect the admin/mod decisions to run this site as they see fit.

I agree with the rasicm part. And I go onto this forum knowing not everyone will agree with me. But I love hookah and I like this forum alot. I just wonder about some people osmetimes.

Anywho, agree and agree. You should add in the code of conduct that you must be smoking hookah while logged onto the forums.

Well I never got into the origins of the original Happy Horseshit, but the one thing that i think needs far more policing ?

Hookahs in the bloody toilet! [img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/Johnny_w_D/sick.gif[/img]

Big J

Moose: it doesn't say we can only say bad things about drugs, which many of the posts in the thread were far from saying, it says drugs won't be discussed.

The boycott Tangiers thread I'll look at again if you want....

I'm glad we have a code of conduct here and Mushrat upholds it. I've seen plenty of forums get screwed up with flame wars and it just ruins the whole sceen.

IMO, we are here to have a good time and help each other out, not to bring each other down.

I've moved the Tangiers thread, after looking at it it has gone form discussion to name calling..may edit out the crap and repost the meat. but for now its cool down time.

Some folks better learn to watch themselves and their mouths...