OMG Look

djbomberto

True, but I think the general point was that people's focus should be on making humanity's lot better, not on gadgets that are merely curiosities...if I understand JG's point correctly, she committed the division falacy, a tendency of the general case (society) to be assigned to specific cases (scientists/researchers). You, Sanguine, are correct in that that is illogical, but I think JG was trying to express the sentiment as I redescribed earlier...

Phi Gamma Delta is 158 years old, its members must be each 158 years old. Division fallacy. How about, Sang, if JG had added the premise "If the focus of these scientists is any indication of the scientific community's focu in general..." would that close the loop up?

Am I misinterpreting your point, Johnny's Girl?

[quote name='toothhookahharp']btw, i thought this thread was on the hookah discussion part. this is the TOTD part. my mistake. you all are in the right. back to your intellectual whatnot.[/quote]

Thanks, man.

So anyways two blondes and a redhead walk into a bar, each one is only wearing a bra, but each of them has a different color bra on. So the girl in the black bra says to the bartender "Can we get some beer?". The bartender says well, you can, but you just have to answer me one question...