1 Flavor for 1 Hose?

I had a very interesting conversation with a Kuwaiti customer the other day. He told me that in Kuwait and around the Middle East when you go to a good hookah bar and order a particular flavor, the hookah bar will bring you a pipe with hoses that have only been used for that particular flavor.

He said that when you mix flavors in the same hose it will never taste as good nor be as enjoyable, but if you just use 1 flavor for 1 hose the taste will always get better. He said the Middle Eastern hookah bars (at least the top ones) know this which is why they only use 1 hose for 1 flavor and why it always tastes better at the bar.

I laughed really hard and he wanted to know why. I told him that if we told our customers this over the phone or on our site they would think we were simply trying to sell more hoses not help improve their smoking experience. Either way I’m curious if any of you had ever heard this before?

Abides said that the bar in NYC that he went to the other night for his birthday does exactly that. They make their own shisha and he also said that is the best he ever had. It makes sense, it just may not be practical for everyone.

It's definitely true, at least for certain flavors. Some tend to hang around more than others, particularly mint, Nakhla cinnamon, Chocolate flavors. Tangiers Kashmir will stick too.

I wanna start dedicating hoses to some of my favorite flavors, like cinnamon and chocolate.

This is very much the ideal. In a Shisha cafe, it's very much standard that they'll label their hoses for the particular flavours.

In some places they even have specific shisha pipes for specific flavours, but that is the next level but it facilitates a good smoke.

If you have a favourite flavour, like Grape fakher, it is certainly worth dedicating a hose to it.
I have about 4 hoses. One for my fave flavour, one for random non-hose-killing flavours (like cherrys/strawberrys etc), one for Double apple and one plastic washable for any flavour I'm not too sure about.

If you want to enjoy for finstance grape fakher, I would never use it in a hose that has been used for double apple, or mint, or coconut as no matter how hard you clean a leather washable hose, it'll never be a pure uncorrupted flavour if you've had something strong in it.

It makes perfect sense. Nothing laughable about it. If you are a coinnoiseur or a shisha enthusiast, then your favourite flavour or two will have dedicated hoses. If you are a part time smoker, then generally you wouldn't care too much and wouldn't notice the corruption in the flavour and perhaps a hint of something is acceptable as long as you feel the main taste.

IF you are a millionaire, you'll buy a hose every time you buy a new flavour, but this is the scenario only for a shisha cafe where it is important if you want customers to enjoy their smoke

Fumari does this at their lounge to an extent. It's not one hose per flavor, but rather one hose/pipe per type of flavor. For example, all the mints have their own pipe/hose, all the apple flavors have their own, etc. It definitely helps, but the only downside is that when you order a refill, you have to get a refill in the same category.

i would expect this to be a standard at shisha lounges. it makes perfect sense, since i have 2 MYA washable hoses i just wash em every once in a while!

EDIT: joey32b that kinda sucks that you have 2 get a refill of the same category sorta. if i had a lounge id def do each flavor has a hose and if they want a different flavor id bring out the appropiate hose, even tho this can get tedious durin busy hours.

[quote name='Joey32b']Fumari does this at their lounge to an extent.  It's not one hose per flavor, but rather one hose/pipe per type of flavor.  For example, all the mints have their own pipe/hose, all the apple flavors have their own, etc.  It definitely helps, but the only downside is that when you order a refill, you have to get a refill in the same category.[/quote]

Yeah, don't forget Tangiers/Sonthert/Oddessey also does the same thing.

I do it slightly differently...but there are only a few select flavors smoked out of the same pipe. Flavors that are similar...for instance Citrus flavors. It greatly improves the results. I don't encourage other people to do this, on the other hand. If they ask, I explain it and let them coem to the conclusion, if it is forthcoming that they want to do it, too.

I did a huge post on the 14 different categories...do a search...sometime in June or July I posted it. I think.

Your system seems sensible. Special Grape would be best in a fourth hose, but with only three hoses, I would say hose 2.