why does my shisha keep burning my throat

hello. i know this question has been asked. but im really confused  ive had my hookah for 2-3 months now at first i was horrible  the smoke was harsh and thin but after a few days i fixed it somehow but now 2 months later the same issue popped up again harsh smoke REALLY HARSH. ive tried packing the shisha under the rim i tried packing it over and i tried overpacking but it keeps burning nonetheless setup:  i use mint lemon coals and al fakhar double apple  i have a syrain hookah  and a normal clay bowl i also used several different kinds of bowls but with the same outcome. i get really harsh smoke and i get horrible burn in the back of my throat i tried changing the tobbaco and the hose but its pointless. this has been going on for a few days and i really need help. thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Try:

- 4 or 6 foil layers

- thick foil

- 2 or 1.5 coconut coals

- chop tobacco by knife or scissors, clear it from little trash and branches

- easy dry tobacco by napkin

If this will not help, I can advise just to buy another hookah, my be glass hookah like temple 45 will be ideal for you, you can buy it from arthookah.com and from hookah-shisha.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree it could be your coals. Try another brand, coconut coals are my personal favorite.

Could be you're also using too many coals. Try experimenting with how many coals you leave on top of the bowl at any given time. A few to get started, then take one or two off as the smoke gets going, then add them back towards the end of your session.