Shisha keeps burning!!

Hey guys, Im quite new to hookah, and ive been smoking my shisha for
about two days, but i keep running into the same prob. My shisha keeps
getting burnt, is there anything you guys know to keep this from
happening, im only using one coal, and im not putting too much shisha. im using romman coconut, its supposed to be good tobacco so i dont see what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Belphegor, what kind of coal are you using? Since you said you only use one, I'm assuming it's a round quick-light. What I do (I used to have the same problem) is break it up into 4 equal pieces, light it, and then place it on there. It distributes the heat across a larger area and reduces the burning. Also, if you are using the metal wind-breaker, that may be the problem too. That really gets thing cooking. Also, being new to this, one tends to smoke too fast if your tobacco is so yummy. I call it "suck-starting a B-52" That will do it really well.
If you are using Golden brand coals, don't feel bad. I have the same problem too. I switched to 3 kings and have great luck with them.  Also, if you aren't doing this, then try using a toothpick. When you poke the hole, you want the diameter of the hole the same as the thickness of the toothpick at 1mm above the point. Not a real big hole, but not too small and put between 15 and 18 holes in the foil.
Good luck. I hope it helps.
MR Bubble

Thanks for your help. ive been experimenting my way through 2 50g packs
of tobacco, i used two sheets of foil and the metal screen, this kept
my shisha from burning, but i still have the problem of getting a 
really ashy taste in my mouth, that burns the back of my throat, so i
know that that the burning isnt really the main source of the problem.
The only conclusion i can think of is the golden charcoals or the
romman tobacco. My hookah may also be dirty but i have just had it for
two days, other than those ideas, im stumped.

Golden coals may be the problem. I remember when I had them, I had a heck of a time getting the right temperature. But people here swear by them. I have never had a problem with 3 kings. I really think your two sheets of foil is over-kill along with the metal screen also. Oh, almost forgot: I used to try and manipulate the coal on the bowl. That is, I would try and move it around when it went drifting around from the bubbling vibrations. This is when it would get that burned "ashy" taste. When I started breaking them up into quarters and letting them drift as they like (need to make sure your bowl is level) the bad taste went away. No, please don't ask me why. I don't know. It just happened that way. Give it all a shot and see what happens, okay?
MR Bubble

The reason your still getting a burning feeling in your throat is
because the temperature of the water. Most people dont mind a slight
burn so they use room temperature water. Only in some cases will you
really notice a slight burn. But when you but ice in your water, it
will cool down the water hence cool down your smoke. And you will
notice a difference when you smoke. It goes down completely smooth.
Also, try putting your hos ein the freezer about10-20 minute sbefore
your smoking session, this will cause the smoke to be really cold by
the time it hits your mouth and lungs.