Hello everybody, 

I recently signed up for this account because of wll the help I saw that was provided on other forums, via Google. I apologize in advance if I am asking this in the wrong section. On to the problem though. I've had my single- hose hookah for about 8 months and haven't used it all to much. Last week I tried it out (in months) and used my ceramic bowl, correctly filling it with the right shisha. I poked the aluminum as I've done many times before and tossed some ice cubes in the base along with water like I've always done. But this time it came out harsher than I've ever had. It was a disgusting, sulfur taste. I ended up finding a hookah store and they told me I should get the vortex bowl, along with a new hose. I did that and grabbed some starbuzz tobacco and a few others, along with new grommets. I took it home and followed the same steps, but this time double wrapping the bowl with foil and little to no smoke comes out. What should I do? 

Not sure, can you be a little more specfic?  Is the shisha old and gone sour?  Is your down tube clogged with old nasty gunk?  If your foil was heavy duty you wouldn't need to use double sheets i'd think.  But i'm thinking somewhere there is a build up of tar which is blocking your smoke?

You should fix your pack, probably. You don't want too much or too little tobacco in there, also you don't need double foil at all. Another thing that I'd like to say is that ice cubes don't do much at all for your smoking experience.

What kind of coals do you use btw?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of quicklights being used. I haven't used that junk in literally years. Yeah, if you use QLs let them ash over. If you use naturals, also let them ash over. Let your coals ash over guys.