Looking For A Hight-Quality Easy To Clean Hookah...

Fellow hokkah friends

I need some advice and I'll try to explain the best I can (English is not my first language, so please excuse me)

Someone gave me a cheap, used and quite dirty hookah. I've cleaned it using lemon juice and baking soda. It went OK. But there was one place that I was unable to clean properly: The gasket or stem base (just above the downstem) where the hose and valve are connected. It's impossible for me to reach the inside of this little champer with a brush, and pouring lemon juice into the champer is not enough. There is still somewhat of a bad odour of old tobacco.

Now, I want to get a new and high quality hookah. I have about $100 +/- $20 to spend.

I'm in favour of the Mya hookahs because it's seems to be possible to remove the base grommet and thus get "full access" to the gasket with a brush.

Yes, I may be a cleaning freak but being able to completely clean my hookah, meaning brush all inside surfaces, is very important to me.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed possible to do with a Mya hookah?

I have my eye on these

Mya Astra-L (from a German site)

http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showdetail,20194,e,1400789230-10215,wasserpfeife.myawasserpfeifen.astra_l,var03136,5,Tshowrub--wasserpfeife.myawasserpfeifen.astra_l,.htm

Mya ONYX 248-1

http://www.myahookah.com/ONYX-248-1.aspx

Besides that, I like the Mya hookah's heavy 100% brass stem, the fact that the stem is being screwed onto the base (with grommets) and that the hose adapter and valve are also screwed onto the stem. It appears to be a solid and high quality construction. Is there any alternatives out there with the same properties?

Any inputs are appreciated! :-)

Yes you can take it totally apart and clean it thoroughly.  Though I do not think it is brass, I think MYa uses stainless steal.  ALthough I haven't owned a MYA hookah in about 3 years.  Maybe someone could shed some light on construction materials.

First of all I'm not sure I trust mya when they say all brass. Second, as far as I know, all Myas are common chambers, where there are 4 or so holes and you can't really get a brush in. If you are looking to be able to scrub everywhere you want a traditional chamber which just about any good Egyptian or Syrian will have. For $100 I'd say get a km kamanja. Solid brass, traditional chamber, and built like a tank so it can really take a beating, plus they look great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Edited by tjmitch

Don't go with those that you posted. You won't be able to clean the chamber like tjmitch said and over time, rust will build up.

Id recommend this: http://www.myahookah.com/mya-bambino-classic-hookah.aspx
The Mya Bambino is a common chamber (dont know about the QT).
There's no "plate" with 4 holes seperating the chamber and the base. Its purely open with the hose port off the side.

Definitely would recommend it as a first hookah. My sister's is still working with no rust for 4 years. Edited by superbeefy2050

I gotta admit, my KM Kamaja Wheat is way easier to clean than my Mya Paragon.

Yep. Short enough for just about any stem brush. Large hose port that will fit a stem brush through it and a purge valve that can usually fit a small stem brush and that's all the interior there is. Plus it's small enough to fit in a kitchen sink. No bathtub required (like some of the tall hookahs)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk