El Nefes Sultan

Hey guys

I am a hookah addicted man and i am now ready to get my own hookah solo. I had a mya and also a KM with some friends but now i want to get my own stuff due to problems with sharing. So, i was searching on the Internet and found these baby: El NEFES SULTAN.

I felt in love with its design and its beauty. The tray is also outstanding ! No doubt it is a great piece of art. So, i started searching about him, and found out that it is a new company and have some issues, but 95% the owners of these baby had said it is a great hookah. I am almost sure to buy it. But i want more opinion first.

Why El Nefes Sultan ? Because it is beatyfull and i am a big fan of the Egyptian pull style ( love KMs). The sultan is Turkish but its big downstem makes the pull easier, almost as the KMs. The style of hookah is also an why to get it : I was at first looking for some black KM model, and them due to its problems with finishing painting, i finally decided to get the sultan because it is pretty as fuck and that lotus tray makes my heart beat faster. 

Now its your time: What do you think ? I want to know all about this hookah. Everyone who can help will be well received! What are its best points and its worst points or problems ? 

I suggest you look into Elmas and Tokel brand Turkish hookahs as well before making your final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure man, both great hookahs. But as i told, i was looking for something with more open draw, a easier pull at firt i was on a KM search due to its open draw and great smoke, with HUGE clouds. Thats why these fabulous hookahs were not in my list. but maybe my next one's =)

Uhh, the pull on the Sultan will have a more similar draw to an Elmas or Tokel, not more similar to a Khalil Mamoon.

Rdeally ? even with a larger downstem than other turkish hookahs ? 

What more can you tell me about the Sultan ?

It has had a lot of quality control issues. Why a lot of people here prefer Elmas or Tokel. Hopefully some folks who have owned El Nefes hookahs can chime in and tell you more. I have owned both Elmas and Tokel and can genuinely speak of their great quality, but I avoided El Nefes based off of what others had to say.

It is said o

Also, what do you mean by the Sultan has a larger downstem than other Turkish hookahs? I did not know this.

Larger diameter of the downstem, it is said in many topics i have read that the sultan is not a typical turkish because it is less restrictive on the pull because it has a downstem large diameter  

Well if it is restriction you're worried about, then you won't have any problems with Tokel or Elmas. I often find the draw of a KM to be TOO open.

I just recently picked up an El Nefes Gazi, and I love it :D Good welds, no problems that I see. It's actually cleaner construction than my Farida! Downstem length is good, extending 8" into the base (identical to my Farida) Mind you, I don't know if the draw on the Sultan is different, but I LOVE the draw on the Gazi. A bit of restriction, but I love it more than I could have imagined. I actually haven't smoked my Farida since my El Nefes showed up. I posted a review on it, so whenever mods approve the post you can see some pics I took of the Gazi. :)

The sulatan may be slightly less restricted than an elmas but it is definitely still restricted, nowhere near as open as a km. Not even close. Also just as an fyi, the downstem isn't what determines the draw, it's whatever is the smallest opening in the system (the bottleneck). This is almost always either the hose/mouthpiece or the hose port opening on the heart of the stem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you're looking for a nice non km that has an open draw, some nawras Syrians have a good open draw.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Edited by tjmitch

Wow.. I am now completely lost.

I want a open draw like a KM do, but with more style than KMs, as it will be an hookah for life. I really enjoyed the turskish style of the El Nefes Sultan, very pretty looking. 

Also, i would like somethind not tooo much expensive. 100-200 dollars. Also I prefer the Stem only, because the Vase i want a BOHO and the Hose i will get one Brazooka , wich is outstanding.

Can you help me ?

Hey everyone, the newest Sultans have a much larger downstem than the original. I took the time to measure (as best as I could) the differences between a few stems I have. 

7dSxsuZl.jpg

OKay, so as you can see the El Nefes Sultan has the same diameter downstem as Regal! But this does not mean the same wide, open draw. 

q9llWYll.jpg

As you can see here, the El Nefes hose port opening is much smaller than that of my Khalil Mammon. This "beast" KM has even smaller downstem and hose ports than the full-sized KM! This causes the El Nefes Sultan to have a much more restricted draw. 

Now you might ask why the Regal has the widest draw of any hookah? 

u25D4scl.jpg

Look how wide the Regal hose port is compared to the El Nefes hose port! Nearly 3 times larger. 

If the El Nefes had a wide hose port, it would smoke like a Regal, less restriction than a Khalil Mamoon. But even though it has a wide downstem, the small hose port causes a restricted feeling in the smoke. 

Hey everyone, the newest Sultans have a much larger downstem than the original. I took the time to measure (as best as I could) the differences between a few stems I have. 

7dSxsuZl.jpg

OKay, so as you can see the El Nefes Sultan has the same diameter downstem as Regal! But this does not mean the same wide, open draw. 

q9llWYll.jpg

As you can see here, the El Nefes hose port opening is much smaller than that of my Khalil Mammon. This "beast" KM has even smaller downstem and hose ports than the full-sized KM! This causes the El Nefes Sultan to have a much more restricted draw. 

Now you might ask why the Regal has the widest draw of any hookah? 

u25D4scl.jpg

Look how wide the Regal hose port is compared to the El Nefes hose port! Nearly 3 times larger. 

If the El Nefes had a wide hose port, it would smoke like a Regal, less restriction than a Khalil Mamoon. But even though it has a wide downstem, the small hose port causes a restricted feeling in the smoke. 

THANKS FOR THE LESSON!

Now I got what really matters with the draw. Can you tell me what you think about the Sultans Draw in comparsion to a KM ? SOrry but i have only KMs and Brazilian hookahs into my experiences.. If possible, take a pictore of both hose ports to comparsion.. Thanks bro!

The sulatan may be slightly less restricted than an elmas but it is definitely still restricted, nowhere near as open as a km. Not even close. Also just as an fyi, the downstem isn't what determines the draw, it's whatever is the smallest opening in the system (the bottleneck). This is almost always either the hose/mouthpiece or the hose port opening on the heart of the stem.

Just smoked the Sultan one last time before boxing it up and shipping it out. The restriction is nice, I do enjoy it. 

You could take the hose port out and drill it to be wider. But, it's at such an angle it would be hard to drill out wide enough. 

GNwQmCnl.jpg

The hose port would look like this if you took it out. 

angle_110_32588_md.gif

You could remove it and replace it with a KM hose port, but if you are paying $150+ for a stem I wouldn't mess with it too much. Pair it up with a Thunder hose and the draw will feel wide enough. 

Great! I finally had smoked in the Sultan. Damm it was amazing! Not much restrictive but a little less open than a KM. I was great and almost sure to be my next optinon. I heard that the purge valve is terrible too. But Just let me know: One Thunder Fit Hose and one Hebba Diffuser may help ?