Absinthe

Chreees

Post your reviews for Tangiers Burley Absinthe here. Please start your review with Tangiers Burley Absinthe so that others can use the search engine and find it easily. Any non-review posts will be edited out by the mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Absinthe - Flavor #v37 (Burley) 

Disclaimer: I received this flavor through a sampling from Eric and did not pay for this flavor. I strongly value integrity and believe that this process is essential to what makes Tangiers so great. With that, honesty from the members in these samplings help to ensure that consumers are informed and show a great deal of appreciation for the consumer. In sum, I want to delineate any potential bias upfront. I have confidence that this will reinforce the great service that Tangiers has consistently offered in the past and create a stronger product line for customers in the future.

Acclimation Status: Strong licorice aroma upon opening. Acclimation did not seem necessary as it had a similar smell to when I had this flavor in Noir. Hints of mint but predominantly a smell of licorice.

Equipment: Standard Syrian with Tangiers Mini Phunnel (~28 grams). Packed loosely over the rim and compressed with foil. Holes poked moderately large with a cabob stick. Bowl was heated with two Coconara cubes in fifteen-minute rotations around the bowl.

Cut/Consistency: The cut is very similar to noir but much more dry than any other flavor I have had from Tangiers. Even after stirring several times, tobacco seemed very dry.

The Experience: Cloud production was great and the flavor itself was pretty good. I have never actually had Absinthe but I have smoked this flavor in Noir. Because of this, I will use previous experience with this flavor as a point of reference. Burley Absinthe was good but not great. I think if I were to keep this flavor in my rotation then I would probably go with the Noir line. I did enjoy the stronger tobacco tones throughout my session but honestly do not feel like that the flavor came out as well in this line. The black licorice/mint combination is definitely interesting and surprisingly tasty. The flavor remained throughout the duration of the smoke but should be considered much more subtle than expected.

Rating: 8/(10). This flavor is different and unique. I strongly encourage picking it up at least once so that you can get the experience. I have enjoyed it in both releases so I hope my review does not deter anyone from trying the more “robust” burley version. I should point out that I absolutely hate black licorice but have thoroughly enjoyed this flavor. The added mint to the black licorice is surprisingly interesting and compliments it well.