Nintendo Fans

joetuo

If you are a fan of console games and don't live under a rock then you have heard of nintendo's new console Wii. Today they released the info...Nov 19th launch for $250 I am so excited and the system acctually comes with a game which is friggin sweet. The link is [url="http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732707p1.html"]Info from conference[/url]It is going to be so sweet.

[quote name='shimshamsam2']awsome!!! i still perfer games for the Playstaion (cant wait for the PS3!!!) over nintendo. but i will prolly end up getting a wii[/quote] Playstation is good too, but im not about to fork over at least $600 on a Console. Sony really dropped the ball on the PS3 IMO.

Its gonna be frickin' SWEET! Backwards compatability from Gamecube games AND downloadable content of all the good past Nintendo games PLUS some Atari stuff as well. This is gonna be the shit. Imagine Super Smash Bros. ONLINE.I just wanna know when I can preorder it! AHHAH!

i truly believe that the console race is putting a strangle hold on video games. $600 for a friggin console? thats, like, 3 car payments. ive had medical bills that were lower. i simply refuse to buy any console until the price become reasonable. in any case, i have an NES, an N64, an SNES, a PS2, and a whole ton of emulators (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis/Game Gear/CD, Atari 2600, and even an Apple IIE). i dont think i need anymore friggin video games (especially since the games they are coming out with are so time consuming).

With the PS3, you guys need to understand that the $600 is going towards a computer, not a mere console. With the technology Sony has put in those machines, $600 is a bargain. For one, you can't even find a blu-ray player out there for under $1000, so right there you're already saving $400. Not to mention the cell processor and the monster of a gpu...

Yeah dikydave that is so true. The other bad thing with the blu-ray /HD-DVD battle is that they have not choose a standard yet. I will laugh so hard if they choose HD-DVD to be the standard and all the peoeple who bought the PS3 saying it was a good deal because of the blu-ray are now screwed because all they will do with the PS3 is play PS3 games.Personally I will not buy a HD-DVD or blu-ray until a standard is met. I am sure that companies are not going to want to release movies on more then one format. I think the DVD will stick around a while longer until a standard is reached.

The whole thing about standards is the exact reason im wary of buying the PS3. But...even I have to admit, the PS3 is droolworthy.As for the Wii OMG WII WII OMG!!!! First thing I'm doing? DLing every single Mario game humanly possible. NES Mario for the win!!!

im gettin a home console for console reasons...to play games. I really do want a ps3 but that price mark is wayyy to high for a console. sure it has all the pretty bells and whistles and i know the games are gonna be great but that price tag is ehhh. i will eventually get a ps3 but not anytime soon (i can't stay away from it when final fantasy 13 comes out :D) The Wii on the other hand is right up my alley. i know its gonna be a hit. the stuff that they are doin with it already blows my mind i cant freakin wait!