Mon Cherry

Big Boss

Fantasia Mon Cherry

Setup: Pyrex glass bowl, standard generic egyptian 32" from HS, Mya hose, 2 Coco Nara coals, heavy duty foil, cool to cold water in the base.

Smell
: The outside of the package (before you open the bag) has an orgasmic cherry smell. I literally wanted to eat the bag. Buuuuuut.... that changed when I opened the bag. Once the bag was opened, the smell changed from a sweet cherry flavor that'll make you cream in your pants to a over-ripe/rotten cherry smell. That was a big turn off.

Cut: A fine cut, but not quite as fine as Al Fakher. Also, there were a few toothpick size stems in my first two fingerfulls.

Appearance: Dyed as red as the Mon Cherry font at the beginning of this review

Smoke: Smoke was weak. I swear I must have been doing something wrong because I don't see how a "premium" shisha could be so expensive and yet perform so poorly

Flavor
: Like the smoke, the flavor was weak. It was weak, but I could taste this awesome cherry flavor that was trying so hard to come out but just couldnt.

Duration: Lasted for about 45 minutes in my pyrex bowl before I ended it

Buzz: I noticed no buzz.

Overall: Like a special olympian, Fantasia tried reaaaaaaaally hard but yet failed. In the next few days I'll be smoking this again. If it improves, I'll edit my review to suit the session, if it doesn't... well, then I guess its bad news for Fantasia Mon Cherry

Rating: I'm giving this my lowest rating to date: 5.5 out of 10.

EDIT: I said I'd try this stuff again and see if it improved. Well, it didn't. Weak smoke and weak flavor. Like wpw36 I got a sample from Tarik and Ramsey at MNH. I thank them very much for the gift, but I am disappointed in Fantasias quallity. I want it to be explicitly clear that I do not want this review to reflect badly upon MNH.

Fantasia Mon Cherry

Setup: 18 inch havana junior, Razan hose, tangiers funnel bowl, three three kings two broken in half or thirds then two full at the end

Cut: Very fine cut pretty much shredded

Appearance: VERY red

Smoke: Good smoke as always with Fantasia

Flavor: like a ludens cherry cough drop

Duration: Lasted for about and hour to an hour and a half

Buzz: I noticed no buzz.

Overall: to cough dropish and just not that good tasting

Rating: 5.5 for good smoke and decent attempt at flavor just not my suit

Thanks Alot for the sample Tarik and Ramsey and all the guys at MNH for the sample Edited by wpw36

BASICALLY: my favorite flavor is cherry, so i picked up a 50g box of Mon Cherry, and it smelled just like merichino cherries, and smoking it tasted exactly the same .... the smoke was thick and creamy looking .... buzzed slightly unlike cheaper harsh tobaccos, and it was very very wet, almost annoyingly wet, but after my first bowl i smoked, i went back to the tobacco store to buy the 200g jar.
GREAT PRODUCT

• 3 months later...
Fantasia Mon Cherry

Hookah:Mya QT
Bowl: Sahara Genie
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Several Stems, Tons of Red Dye
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Slight Cherry Scent
Taste: Slighter Cherry Taste
Smoke: Average Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 1 Hours

Purchased From: Trade with someone, forget who

Overall: 3/10 A fail in my book. Red Dye, No Buzz, No Taste. The taste was rarely there. Had a slight cherry taste. Even starting with mild heat taste just never really got there. When it did show up it was pretty good. I will never grab this cherry again, just not worth it.

• 5 months later...
Mon Cherry

Hookah: 24" Syrian with four plastic straws in the stem as a diffuser
Water: Cold Water (no ice)
Coals: 1 Coconara for the first 15 minutes, then added 1 Japanese
Bowl: Modern Ceramic
Duration: 1 hour
Buzz: Mild

Smell: When you first open the container, there is no smell at all because the tobacco is sealed VERY well in a metallicized plastic bag. After opening the bag, the first thought that came to mind was a cross between maraschino cherries and Big Red chewing gum. The smell is very rich.

Appearance: Maroon/Burgundy

Cut: Fine (only one or two small stems in the whole 200g container

Smoke: Very little with 1 Coconara. After adding a japanese coal to it, the smoke was very thick.

Taste: At first, I felt like I was straining myself to "lock on" to the flavor. After adding the second coal, the flavor came through perfectly. There was no glycerin taste at any time. The flavor definately tasted like cherries. It was subtle, but I feel if it was any stronger it would take on a chemical taste. So, to me it was just right.

Rating: I don't like assigning a number to things that are so up to interpretation and personal opinion, but I will say it is among the top 25% of flavors that I've tried, and I've probably tried over a hundred. Edited by igman87