Pineapple

The fabulous Ian

Layalina Pineapple

Setup: Mya QT, acclimated tobacco, cool water and ice in the base. 1/12 tabs of Easy lights. Three squares to start, brought more out as neccesary.

Smell: Weird. Took a few seconds to decipher. Cooked pineapples, but with definite background of something else I couldn't get a hold of.

Taste: Pineapple's there, I guess. But again, other weird flavors. Didn't dig it much.

Smoke: Not bad. Not the best, not bad. I have crappy heat management skills, though.

Buzz: Hard to say, was drinking while I was at it. Moderate, I suppose. This was my first bowl after a long hookah hiatus.

Duration: Forty-five minutes

Overall: 4/10. Smoke density and duration wasn't bad, but I got a weird sensation from the flavors. The pineapple barely came through, so loss of many points for that. I like flavor.
Edited by The fabulous Ian

• 1 year later...
Layalina Pineapple (50g box)

Setup: 32" Egyptian (almost KM like), Egyptian clay bowl, Tunisian hose, heavy duty reynolds wrap, shitty Rolland coals

Cut: very fine... almost too fine... LOTS of stems... most of which are at least 1/4" thick and between 1/4" to 2" long, it was all very wet though

Smell: Smells very bitter, nothing like pineapple

Taste: very bitter. I'm guessing from all the stems. It was also very tart...not sweet like other pineapples i've smoked

Smoke Thickness: This was smoked outside, so the smoke wasn't easy to see. It seemed pretty thick though

Buzz: None.

Duration: 20 min. I couldn't handle the nasty taste of it.

Overall: 2/10 I don't know if this was a bad batch or if it was the crappy coals I was using. If I need a pineapple fix, I'll stick with something I know a bit better.