Chicago Special

Scrappydoo

LAYALINA GOLDEN

CHICAGO SPECIAL

set up: Large Syrian, standard clay egyptian bowl, water and ice in the base, three small coconaras.

Shisha: It is packaged in plastic envelope inside a resealable tin. First impression was the wonderful, strong smell that I couldn't really identify. Vanilla? Orange? Something else spicy. The tobacco was really wet, almost dripping with thick, dyed red liquid. It was finely cut with a few stems.

Smoke: Typical Layalina (for me) it took quite a few puffs to get it started. The first flavor that comes into play is a strong anise seed flavor, which normally I am not fond of but it quickly balanced out and I can taste a mix of sweet orange and gentle vanilla aroma and maybe a rum flavor? VERY Tasty and strong flavored smoke. I had big dense clouds. The session lasted longer than two hours, with three coal changes, never waivering in flavor or smoke density. I had a mild buzz on an empty stomach, but not too bad.

Overall: I am not sure I will buy it again because I really don't like the anise seed flavoring. It is a well balanced mix though, so I'd give it a 9/10. I would definitely recommend this mix to anyone who likes the licoricey taste of apple shishas.