Al Fakher Berry

Setup
:
Hookah: MYA Bambino
Bowl: Funnel
Coals: 1 40mm 3K spilt in two
Water: Iced water

Cut: Typical AF cut, wet and juicy.

Smell/Flavor: Smelled just like berries and cream before I cut open the bag. After I opened the bag, not so much. The flavor while smoking was not berryish at all. I can't quite put my finger on just what it tasted like, but it wasn't berries. It wasn't awful, but it definitely wasn't berries.

Smoke: Thick, smooth smoke

Longevity: 1 hour +

Comments: I smoked this flavor twice. The first time was right out of the box in a standard egyptian bowl and it tasted a little harsh, so I let it acclimate for a couple of hours. The second smoke is what
I decribed above.

I am a fan of AF shisha, but I'm sorry to say that I was very disappointed by this flavor. I'm surprised, since they usually turn out what I consider to be a quality product. I'll try one more bowl, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Rating: 2/10

AF Berry

Production date was June '07

Smoke: the usual AF, a little less volume than mint imo

Cut: finer cut than the other AF stuff but not as fine as Starbuzz

Smell: like fruit punch candy

Flavor: like a pink Dots (the candy)

8.5, had the candy flavor which I like, -1 for avg smoke, -.5 for not much of a "berry" flavor that someone would have in mind, refer to previous post ^^

edit: +.3 for a tiny bit of tartness

8.8 Edited by anathema

• 4 months later...
Al Fakher Berry

Set up: JandR Syrian, Exotica Coals, Ice Water

Smell:
Roses and Blueberries

Cut: Ehh, not bad, easy to pack, to many stems

Smoke: Thick and smooth.

Buzz: None

Taste: Very overpowering floral aspect that i strongly dislike I want berry, and just berry.

Duration: everyonw hated it, so about 45 minutes cause we like smoke.

Overall: 5/10 Not what it should taste like, kind of annoying actually. Won't be buying this crap again, smile.gif.

• 5 weeks later...
Al Fakher Berry

*Hookah Noob Review*

Set Up:
12" Mini Pear Hookah
27" Basic Mod Hose
Ice & Water in Base
Steel Screen, No Foil
Two Coals (Golden Brand)

Smell: Ugh, smelled similar to the kids cherry cough medicine. Not ver pleasant. 2/5

Cut: Nice fine cut, very moist. Good amount of stickyness. 5/5

Smoke Density: Great dense, thick smoke. Had a good time with this. 5/5

Flavor: Tasted like a mixed berry pie filling. Pretty good, much better than what I had expected after smelling it. Although, the taste was not very prominent, more of a mild flavoring. 4/5

Duration: Lasted well into an hour. 5/5

Buzz: Moderate buzz.

Final Verdict: smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif mellow.gif 4 / 5 (not an average of other scores)

Final Thoughts:
Horrible smell but tasted very good. Great duration and smoke density. I would definately pick up more Al Fakher but not this flavor due to the way it smells. Edited by gr!m

• 9 months later...
Berry

Setup - MYA QT, MYA hose, Coconara's, Cold filtered water, MYA Mod bowl

Appearance - AF cut though with red dye, juicy...somewhere between Tangiers and Nakhla

Smell - Smells like an assortment of berries, kinda syrupy sweet

Taste - Taste like a good yet generic berry, more raspberry/ blueberry than strawberry though (which is refreshing)
Buzz - Very little

Smoke - Clouds, typical AF...heck, thunderclouds, these were massive. I packed a little looser than normal

Length - 90 min

Overall - 9.5/10 It was excellent, thick clouds, very pleasant taste...not too strong, not too faint...just right.

• 3 weeks later...
Al Fakher Berry

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, several stems, moist and tons of red dye
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses & Glycerin
Smell: Super Berry
Taste: Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry Blend
Smoke: Good Clouds
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade with jezter6

Overall: 8/10 The flavor tends to be a bit more blueberry for me. Although it might be the combo of Blackberry and Raspberry making that flavor. It's a great berry flavor. Still miss that buzz with AF though.

• 4 months later...
Al Fakher Berry

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Hose: Razan
Coals: CH Instant Lights
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical AF cut - very moist, few stems, red dye
Smell: Somewhat like mixed berries, but there was something off about the smell.
Taste: Not berry at all. It wasn't unpleasant, but it definitely wasn't berry.
Smoke: Big clouds
Buzz: Minimal
Duration: Hour and a half. There was still strong smoke but the flavor died out.

Purchased From: Hookah John

Overall: 5/10 Wasn't a huge fan at all. AF kind of missed the target with this flavor. It might've been better with some mint mixed in or something, but overall I didn't care for it.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Berry

Set up:
Mya Acrylic
Mya Bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
coco's

Cut: Typical Al Fakher Cut, Red dye

Smell: It smelled really good, just like berries.

Taste: The taste was great, really strong berry mixture. Then after about 15 minutes the flavor diminished to almost nothing.

Buzz: Slight

Clouds: Monster Clouds

Duration: 1 hour (I smoke until the coals go out)

Overall: 5/10
When I first started smoking I thought to myself "Wow this is a really good smoke" The flavor was strong and really good. I was considering buying a 250g tub next time I buy shisha. Then at the 15 minute mark it went downhill, the flavor just vanished! A couple hours after my first attempt I loaded up another bowl and tried it again. Around the 15 minute mark the flavor dissapeared again! I would keep this around if the flavor lasted more than 15 minutes. But it doesn't so I wont be buying this again.

• 7 months later...
[font="Century Gothic"][size="4"][color="#8b0000"][b]AL Fakher Berry

[/b][size="3"][color="#000000"]Manufactured in Ajman, UAE, produced in May, 09

Hookah: 26" Crystal Bohemian
Bowl: Egyptian baked clay, 2" diameter
Screen/foil: Foil circle
Hose: My monkey fuzzy hose
Coals: Coco Naras
Base Liquid: Cold tap water

Appearance: Fine cut, juicy but not drippy, dark red
Cut: Finely cut, typical AF
Smell: Raspberry, a little vitaminy.
Taste: Genuinely berry flavored. Tart, not sweet at all, which is kind of nice.
Smoke: Good old AF smoke: thick, white, billowy! I can blow serious smoke rings on this stuff.
Buzz: slight
Duration: almost 2 hours, then started to taste off and went out.
Overall: Definitely one I would buy again. I'd give it a 9/10. Would make a great mixer with some sweeter shishas.[/color][/size]

[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Scrappydoo

• 1 year later...
[font="Georgia"][size="3"][color="#8b0000"]AL FAKHER BERRY

[size="2"][color="#000000"]Setup: Khalil Mamoon Trimetal (30")
Bowl: Clay Egyption with wide, flat bowl (about 1/2 inch deep, 2 1/2 inches wide)
Coals: Cocobrica
Base Liquid: Warm water
Hose: Fuzzy monkey hose

Nicotine: .05%
Base: Glycerine
Manf: 07/11 (wow!)
Appearance: Red dye, very juicy, medium cut, a few stems
Smell: Like unripe berrys, a little berry like but bitter with a chemical vitamin smell.
Taste: What I like about this is it is a fresh, real berry taste that isn't too sweet, just enough tartness to make it balanced and refreshing.
Smoke: HUGE white (typical AF) clouds of smoke.
Duration: 2 1/2 hours +/-
Purchased from: Local shisha shop named "Smokey's"

Overall: It just goes to show you can't judge a shisha by it's smell. Some of the worst smelling shisha tastes the best and vice versa. This mix was a pleasant surprise, I am used to most berries being candy, almost sickening, sweet but this one is a little tart and refreshing for a hot day. This took a little time to get to full flavor but that could be due to the coals. I rarely smoke two bowls but this was so good I immediately packed another because I wasn't ready to give it up yet. I can imagine it would be a great mixer for some that are too sweet and vanilla would mellow it out. I can imagine some people not liking it but i found it an exciting change and unique flavor and for that I would give it a 9/10.[/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]