Vanilla

chubby

Nakhla Vanilla

*WARNING-relatively new hookah smoker review*

setup: 30" egyptian, water and ice in base

Smell- I let this stuff "acclimate" for a little less than an hour. the smell isn't what i would call "vanilla", really at all. just a sort of sweet-ish smell. think aunt jemima, no particular "smell", just sweet.

Cut: typical nakhla, fair amount of stems. wetter than other nahkla ive smoke.

Smoke: very capable of a thick puffy consistency

Flavor: Not too much to it. definently not a vanilla extract flacor (maybe try stirring some in?). dissapointing. however, it does NOT taste bad. just very subtle. can get a little harsh....

duration: standard MYA bowl size (fairly large), been smoking for two hours (its still going). smoke is still not thinning. good.

BUZZ: note; I am not a long time tobacco user (by any means). buzz is definently there.

overalL (SUMMARY): Im not going to assign this a specific rating, as i have yet to try enough shishas to make a meaningful conclusion or comparison. But I've satisfying, simple, and buzz-y, but occassionally harsh.

• 1 year later...
Nakhla Vanilla

Appearance: Sticky, natural brown. Somewhat dry.

Aroma: In the jar its a bit playdoahie. Not a good smell.

Flavor: Bottom of the barrel vanilla dregs. Mildly sweet or shall I say sweat?
This is the second time I have tried this flavor. I thought my failure the first time was due to the coals. But no, even with a 3 kings this flavor is just bad.

Clouds: sure

Buzz - nah

Gets a little harsh. Does not take much heat. But less heat, less smoke.

Its not so awful I would insult a host by turning it down. But if my host suggested this was the best flavor ever I think I would find new friends.

• 3 months later...
Nakhla Vanilla

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Mya Standard
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut with several chopped stems, sticky and moist
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Light Natural Vanilla and Tobacco
Taste: Natural Vanilla Flavor with a natural tobacco undertone
Smoke: Huge Clouds
Buzz: Good
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade from jezter6

Overall: 7/10 It just wasn't a very strong vanilla flavor, but it was natural and good. One of the more milder Nakhla flavors, you can taste the Vanilla and tobacco flavor. Pretty good but not the best Vanilla out there.

• 2 months later...
Nakhla Vanilla
Hookah: KM Double pear
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose: Km Deluxe
Coals: Al Awe'al
Base Liquid: Aqua

Appearance: Chunky cut, brown and sticky
Smell: Strange not really vanilla
Taste: Tastes like it smells
Smoke: by itself meh...with glycerine AWESOME
Buzz: None
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Overall: 5/10 Almost a vanilla taste. Doesnt taste bad, but its not a good vanilla.

• 8 months later...
Nakhla vanillia

Hookah: 22' mya globe
Bowl: large mod bowl
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds 2 layers
Hose: KM raiblow
Coals: Cocos 2
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: nakhla cut
Nicotine: .5%
Base: corn syrup/glyc
Smell: sweet vanillia
Taste: light sweet vanillia
Smoke: Good
Buzz: typical nakhla
Duration:2 hours

Purchased From: hookahset.com

Overall: 9/10

I love this its a nice easy smoke ,light vanillia flavor and tasty.I could see this being a great mixer

• 4 months later...
Nakhila Vanilla

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya QT
[b]Bowl:[/b] standard mya bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Pharoah's heavy duty foil
[b]Hose: [/b]Mya
[b]Coals:[/b] Ch Nats
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]typical Nak
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Smell:[/b] slight vanilla
[b]Taste:[/b] vasaline
[b]Smoke:[/b] big clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Good
[b]Duration: [/b]never finished it

Yuck. The flavor is almost non existant. You have to really search for the flavour, and when you find it, you get a little tiny bit of flavour and the rest is vasaline. I grew bored with this bowl and threw it out. Did I nention it was nasty? On a scale of 1-10, I rate this at a 3. the clouds were impressive though, so I'll give it that. This might have to be mixed with something because I can't smoke this flavor plain[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/bad.gif[/img] .

• 11 months later...
[size="5"]Nakhla [color="#c0c0c0"]Vanilla[/color][/size]

Setup:

Salaam 12" hookah
Cold Water
2 Quick Light coals

Smell:
Sort of a Doughy pie crust smell, not bad[b] 8/10[/b]

Cut:
Dry and with some sticks I had to pick out. It was very greasy with almost no liquid. Not impressive![b] 2/10[/b]

Smoke:
Very solid! The clouds were pretty good for what it was!

Flavor:
Blah.. started ok, but very VERY bland and got harsh as hell for a short minute, If anyone actually likes this flavor, even as a mixer I'd be suprised but people DO mix it. It just didn't do anything for me [b]3/10[/b]

Buzz: Not much, but less then I've had with Afzal.

Duration:
1 Hour alternating 1 quick lights. Heat management WAS a slight issue as it got temperamental after 2 coals to heat it up. 8/10

Overall:
First Nakhla I've ever bought.. not sure I'd buy another one based on this, but I'll give others a chance if I have to. As others will tell you, this is really not a quality product here from Nakhla. I wanted to taste a great bit of Vanilla and I wanted smoothness throughout and this let me down [size="4"]BIG TIME. [size="2"]I will not bother with this flavor again and am considering dumping my stash out lest it really ghost the crap out of my stuff. I washed the hell out of my hookah base, hose, and stem with lemon and baking soda after this.. [size="4"]YUCK YUCK YUCK :smiley-angry021:[/size][/size][/size]