Green Tea With Honey

Bulldog_916

Tangiers Green Tea w/ Honey (BETA) (Thank you Eric!)

Hookah: 23 inch Syrian from Hookah Company

Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel

Coals: Golden Canary Japanese Coals

Foil: Regular Foil from Chef's Review

Hose: Grand Washable from Caravan Sarai Imports

Appearance: Standard, dark, rough cut, normal Tangiers consistency

Smell: The smell is a bit hard to place. It smells floral like I suppose a tea flavor should. There's a little bit of sweetness there but that could come from the tobacco or the honey flavor.

Taste: The taste is lighter than you would think at first glance. On the inhale, you get the tea flavor, it has to sit in your mouth for a little while to fully get it. I found that it more closely resembled white tea flavor just because of the lightness of the tea taste. Then you really have to exhale a little bit through your nose to get the sweet finish. It takes some time to get your palate to zone in on the small variances. I smoked this last night and it was refreshing in many ways. If you have a cold glass of iced tea or iced green tea with you it makes it even better. I love the fact that it was easy on the inhale and even if you heated it a little above its tolerance, it didnt kill you with a burned fruit flavor or something of the sort. You could always bring it back to the sweet spot.

Scoring:

Since pre-release I cant say for sure the scoring will remain the same between this batch and the "release" batch. So you will have to take this as preliminary scoring.

Smell: I like the smell, you get the floralness of the tea flavor and the sweetness of the honey is a little bit deeper and sort of mixed in. 8.5/10

Taste: I love the taste, kind of light with a honey finish on the nose. Good flavor to smoke during the hot summer months with a glass of iced tea or sweet green tea. I just wish it was a hint more pronounced on both the tea and the honey flavors. 9/10

Duration: As most Tangiers tobacco does, this flavor lasted well over 3 hours in the miniphunnel and I still have half the bowl to go. Great duration: 10/10

Overall 9.5/10. This flavor is extremely good. I loved the complexities of the taste and smell. I think it's well worth trying.

• 6 months later...
Green Tea w/ Honey

Everything you have come to expect about tangiers is true about this. Some flavors have a bigger buzz than average, this one was normal though...

Overall:
6/10. The smell out of the bag was very weird, I could pick up honey (smelled like AF honey) but the green tea was more subtle and didn't really form its own distinct smell. Flavor was like the smell except with a kind of burnt addition to it. Think putting honey on a hot plate and letting it burn slightly. This was the first of the samples for me to get through and get a full opinion on. Only one person I smoked with really dug it, the rest were disappointed with the way the smell transferred into flavor, that is to say it was kind of weak. I dunno, I guess this just wasn't my cup of tea (heh heh) although I'm a big fan of tang red tea... Perhaps this tainted my perception of it. I just think that while the idea is a great one, this iteration didn't quite hit the mark in the realism or desirablity departments.

[b]Tangiers Green Tea w/ Honey[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Tri-Metal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Coals: [/b]Golden Canaries x 3 (then 2 the next round)
[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical Tangiers
[b]Smell:[/b] Honey
[b]Taste: [/b]Honey with a hint of tea
[b]Smoke: [/b]large dense clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Not as much - then again i had a big meal
[b]Duration: [/b]4 hours

[b]Review:[/b] If you are a fan of Honey, then this would be right up your alley. It has a very pungent Honey smell and smokes just the same. The tea flavor is a bit more of an aftertaste or caught at the end of the exhale.

[b]Rating:[/b] 7.5 - I had hoped for alot more when i saw this flavor, as im a HUGE fan of Tea shisha's. But much like Lucid Green Tea, Tangiers flavoring of Green Tea is very subdued. Its a mellow smoke which i really enjoy. BUT the problem came when the honey was introduced. NOW if you love honey, then this would equate to a higher rating, but as im not a big fan of honey flavor smoke.

I was thinking that it would be mellow just as the green tea, mabey having the green tea flavor be the dominate and honey as the aftertaste. But if anyone knows anything about green tea, its that its definately not a strong flavor. That being the case, i misslead myself. But if the green tea flavor was kicked up a notch, i would personally like it alot more.

[b]Brother's Rating[/b]: 9 - They love honey, so they loved how accurate the smoke was. I agree, it was a VERY accurate honey smoke. Then again its preference.

Huggles!

• 1 month later...
This is only first impressions. I have only smoked 1 bowl of this stuff and a full review will come near then end of this pack..........onto the impressions

Looks: Like Tangiers, good cut, dark as the soul and sticky.

Smell: Initially very bad. This could be due to the time that it sat in my mailbox in the very cold. At this point is smelled much like Copenhagen. After 6-7 hours of acclimation the nicotine smell had started to mix with the slight smell of honey. After 26-30 hours it smelled extremely strong of floral honey. After about 3 days of acclimation the smell mellowed out and began to have a good mix of green tea and honey smells.

Pack: Typical Tangiers....A LOT

Bowl: Mini Phunnel with MNH glass jet screen

Pipe: Nour Syrian 23 inch

Water: Lukewarm

Coals: Started with 2 Golden Canary coals on opposite sides of the bowl, once the coals had burned about 40 minutes I added a 3rd.

Overall smoking experience: This flavor started and was by far the easiest Tangiers flavor to deal with I have tried so far. It packed straight away and I had smoke my first puff. Granted Tangiers isnt hard in general, this was just the easiest I have tried. from the second hit I had full flavor. The taste was fanastic, great mix of green tea and honey. This bowl smoked overall for about 2 hours with 4-5 people smoking....however, the flavor was pretty much dead for about the last 45 minutes.

First impressions: Hard to acclimate. This could have been due to the cold it sat in. Also the flavor was a bit short lived compared ot the smoke. Overall I did enjoy it. I would say this has potential to become my second favorite tangiers flavor. (Sorry nothing can beat Kashmire Cherry) Like I say I will put up a true review of this stuff after several more bowls are smoked.

• 4 weeks later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers [color="#556b2f"]Green Tea with Honey[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil OG Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Green Tea
[b]Taste: [/b]Like steaming hot cup of Green Tea
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Good Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 I had the Green Tea before it hit production in Noir. Now with this Tea and Honey, the flavor is just super strong. I mean this isn't a flavor for everybody but it's amazing I mean the flavor doesn't wimp out through the whole session.

• 4 weeks later...
[b]Tangiers [color="#2e8b57"][color="#008000"]Green Tea With Honey[/color][/color][/b]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Hafa
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel With and without the mod
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Golden Canary Japanese Coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]slight hint of green tea smell
[b]Taste: [/b]Smoky but sweet
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Not much
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Eric's Sampler pack.

[b]Overall:[/b] 3/10: It tastes smoky and kinda sweet. I am not the biggest fan of subtle flavors (probably why I love Kashmir) I've tried it twice with and without the mod (From past experience the mod did help some subtle flavors). I unfortunately did not like this stuff.