Horchata

ZenSilk

Tangiers HORCHATA!

Setup: 22" Mya Acrylic, Small Phunnel, 2 halves & 2 1/4's Golden Coal

Smell: Not exactly like as strong a smell as Tang Fuity flavors, but still strong for an Horchata. Some kind of sweet spice.

Flavor : Not like the smell, Taste just like a creamy Horchata. It's like i was in Molca Salsa sipping some horchata! (My mom came in and tasted it and said "It tastes like horchata huh.gif "

Smoke: Fluffy and thick like it should be!

Buzz : I got a really mellow perfect buzz. Not overpowering like most people say.

Overall : 9/10 , closest flavor to Horchata there is. smile.gif

• 8 months later...
Tangiers Horchata

Hookah: Mya Obelisk
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: The smell was sweet smell with a hint of cinnamon
Taste: Reminds me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Smoke: Huge White Clouds right off the bat.
Buzz: Small Buzz
Duration: ~ 150 minutes

Purchased From:
worldhookah.com

Overall: 10/10 I am gonna add a bit of milk in the base next time convinced it will complete the experience that I am smoking Cinnamon Toast Crunch

• 4 months later...
HORCHATTA

Hookah:
27" Dual tone KM
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Exoticas
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical cut No stems
Nicotine: 0.5%
Smell: Creamy with a small hint of spice(or nutmeg something). Very close to the real thing
Taste: Very relaxing taste. I really like none fruit flavors and so far this one is atop my list
Smoke: Getting ok clouds (my issue not the bacco)
Buzz: Defiantly there but nothing to knock me on my ass
Duration: 2 Hours

Overall: 9/10 Im still getting use to smoking Tangiers so my smoke was a little thinner than i would have liked but Flavor was there and the smoke was smooth. I love this flavor and will be keeping it in stock. Taste better than it smells!! And it smells pretty good!! Once i master Tangiers i will be one happy camper.

• 3 months later...
Tangiers Horchata

Smell: Strange smell, not like the horchata that I drink, slight cinnamon smell.

Cut: Tangiers.

Smoke: Great clouds

Buzz: none (i smoke cigs)

Amount(approx)/Duration: 3 hours.

Hookah Type: Km Faridat

Hose: Km deluxe hose.

Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel

Foil/Screen: Hd Ren Foil, lots o' holes

Coal/Amount: Inhale

Liquid in Base: Aqua

Taste: Tastes like it smells, mild cinnamon taste...very mild

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 6/10 I was upset with this one, twice now I have ordered it and both times it let me down. I was looking forward to this flavor and it is nothing like the drink sad.gif

• 7 months later...
Tangiers Horchata

Hookah
: Mya QT
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Hose: Nammor Large Hose
Coals: 3 Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water, little ice.

Appearance: Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
Nicotine: Honestly...not sure.
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like a Vanilla and a Cinnamon candle was lite in a small room.
Taste: Like you added sugar to the melted wax and drank it.
Smoke: Huge clouds right from the start.
Buzz: Noticeable right from the start and lasts throughout the session.
Duration: 5 hours.

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: After trying many Tangiers flavors and hearing that there was an Horchata. I had to pick it up. I make Horchata at home very often, I buy it whenever I go to a restaurant that serves it and have grown up on it here in the states and in Mexico. Maybe it was the fact that I put the Horchata on a pedestal before trying it, then was dissapointed...but one thing is for sure after the 10+ bowls I've had of this flavor. Although good...it doesn't taste like Horchata.
More of a mixture of Vanilla and Cinnamon with a bunch of sugar added. Maybe it is of a blend of Horchata I am un-familiar with but it isn't the flavors I grew up with and recognize today.
I will admit that it is still tasty. It just isn't what I expected=(
This score is reflecting the fact that I was expecting a strong Horchata flavor and received although good, something MUCH different then the description.

7.5/10

• 3 months later...
[b]Tangiers Horchata

Hookah:[/b] KM trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil: 2 layers of cheap stuff[/b]
[b]Hose:[/b] maya
[b]Coals: [/b]al Manera finger coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] leafy and brown
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.5%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] exactly like horchata
[b]Taste: [/b]delicious.
[b]Buzz: [/b]noticable. This is my first unwashed shisha, so I don't have any other experiences to compare it to

All I can say is wow! I really like the flavour of this smoke. It is smooth, tastey and I get pretty decent clouds. I'll definitely consider getting unwashed shisha in the future. Now, all I have to do is get a small tangiers phunnel bowl, some coconaras and I'll be all set! I enjoy it, but I don't think it'll be an every day smoke for me due to the buzz.

• 5 months later...
[size="2"][color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][b]
[color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][b]Tangiers Horchata[/b][/font][/color][/b][/font][b]
[color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][b]
[/b][/font][/color]Hookah:[/b] KM Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers small
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]HD Foil
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Japanese[b] [/b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical oily/juicy.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]Maximal
[b]Base: [/b]KM Pharonie
[b]Smell:[/b] Strong cinnamon
[b]Taste: [/b]Milkier than the smell would suggest.
[b]Smoke: [/b] Thick and velveteen.
[b]Buzz: [/b]Block out the next two hours on your schedule.
[b]Duration: [/b]1 hour
[b]Purchased From: [/b]Aztec Highway (if ever in Salt Lake, do stop by) [/color][/size]
[size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font][/size]
[size="2"] [/size][size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1C2837"]This flavor smokes much better than it smells. I am a huge horchata fan. For those unfamiliar, this is a delicious, ethnic rice drink. [/color][/font][/size][size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1C2837"]It doesn't quite taste like horchata, however it does have a nice cinnamon flavor. This, like Orange Soda, does not have the greatest shelf life. The buzz is phenomenal though I find myself unable to take huge drags because of the cinnamon burn that I dislike. It was akin to the first few chews of Big Red gum. I haven't tried OG Cinnamon however, I don't see how it could be stronger than this and still palatable. [/color][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font][/size][size="2"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1C2837"]8/10[/color][/font][/size] Edited by The Caterpillar

• 3 years later...

Tangiers Noir Horchata (#78)

- Setup -

Pipe: Mya Econo Gelato

Bowl: Small Tangiers Phunnel

Hose: Nammor

Screen: Kaloud Lotus

Coal: Coco Nara flats (4 total)

Base liquid: Room temperature water

- Descriptors -

Appearance/cut: Dark brown, moist, very fine cut

Smell: Delightfully nutty and creamy, with a hint of cinnamon

Taste: Creamier version of the smell, and a lot subtler than most Tangiers flavors

Buzz: Moderately strong

Smoke: Signature Tang clouds, thick and fluffy!

Duration: 2.5 hours

- Rating -

7.5/10

The taste is fantastic! It tastes just like a sip of horchata. Unfortunately, the taste is almost too subtle when compared to other Tang flavors (especially fruit-based ones). For that, I knocked off a half point. I've also noticed a strong tendency to ghost your hose like no other, which cost it another point. The final point off is due to it being extremely heat sensitive. A bit frustrating, but worth it in the end.