Finally A Good Reason To Go To San Antonio

Stuie

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-09-09/texas-interstate-speed-limit/57701428/1

This Christmas it's going to be one fun drive to go to the alamo!

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about this, to be honest. I'd need to look at research showing if there's a significant correlation between speeding and increased accidents/deaths to make a clear conclusion.

Chris, there really isnt that high of a correlation, speed limits are more based on road use and keepup than safety, High speed limits and delimited zones work in Germany, and it's because they put a TON of money into their road system and there are no more accidents there than here where we have BS 65mph speed limits. Now the bigger issue is training people to stay in the correct lane and only move when they are passing someone.

Test the new speed limit with one of these bad boys.

[img]http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/gallery/bugatti-veyron/2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes-full-view.jpg[/img]

There's a video on them testing the Toll camera's with a cadillac.

at 180.5 MPH the Toll Camera still caught the license plate. He topped out at 220.5 MPH I believe.

[quote name='fineout' timestamp='1351192558' post='559298']
Chris, there really isnt that high of a correlation, speed limits are more based on road use and keepup than safety, High speed limits and delimited zones work in Germany, and it's because they put a TON of money into their road system and there are no more accidents there than here where we have BS 65mph speed limits. Now the bigger issue is training people to stay in the correct lane and only move when they are passing someone.
[/quote]

Very true, I've heard that about the autobahn before, being totally safe. All I know is people here in the Nashville area are notorious for flying 100 down the interstate and switching lanes like a maniac. That's what causes accidents. Along with drunk driving, of course.

If it's safe, then I'm all for upping the limit to 85. I think the main issue is any American can get a driver's license... even the idiots. In Germany, they're a lot more strict on who can drive there, no?