New Al Amir Flavors!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Al Amir grape.  Geprge was good enough to send me a sample over the summer, and although I'm not a huge fan of the flavor (personal preference, as it is an amzingly rich and flavorfull smoke) I had the urge to have a bowl of it this evening.
Is it just me, or is this a very tempermental smoke?  It seems that in order to get the best flavor and density, it has to be right on the edge of burning -- unfortunatly, I kept going over the edge all too easily.
Just wondering what others impressions were....
E.G.

Hey E.G., to answer you question, I always try to get my massel as hot as possible just before burning. That is the best way to do Nakhla, which I consider to be the most tempermental out there. So, I always load the coals the same for all shishas and adjust from there. Yes, I got the best results from the Al Amir grape with 3 one-half pieces of Japanese coals (which is pretty toasty) and the first few pulls, al amir flavors all taste the same: flavorless, like it is starting to burn. Then, it just "gets right," and gives a wonderful rich, thick smoke. Well, for me anyway.
MR Bubble

The first time George sent out samples last spring, they didn't move too swift either. Don't worry. If he said he will get them to us, then he will get them to us. I don't know how many times I have spoken with him over the phone and found him to be a good business man. Don't worry. The stuff is free after all. It'll get there.
MR Bubble