Games

I've thought about it alot - I think it's great in some ways - but the great thing about board games (to me anyways) is their physical nature: you roll the dice and move the pieces yourself - many computer based games are digital versions of such things - do I really need a simulation of the analog version but without the efficiency of the computer at work? I dunno. : I'd rather play the board game - but there would be a few advantaged: It would be cheaper to purchase, wouldn't take up space, and could be played over the internet without having an opponent in your physical space. In that light, there are some nice reasons - but still. I personally perfer the physical nature of boardgames - but I definitely thing this will become more of a reality as time goes on. Video games simulating analog activities upon which they are based.

Claytron: My DM just moved to Korea. We are looking for a new one because our D&D culture at school kind of died. We went from having about 20 people playing on a weekly basis (2 and 3 groups playing) to no one. ARGH!!!We always bought our DM supplement books because we appreciated his planning and efforts. It was massive fun.

I played Settlers of Catan for my first time the night before last. I was really, really confused, and got beat like a drum. It was fun, however. I didn't realize that Mayfair games, maker of Empire Builder and Lunar Rails is the publisher of it.