Smoking at home without parents noticing?

I dunno man, the guys in the dorm below us used the fabric softener in a bottle trick and it smelled rank. Either they weren't doing it right or it's just a bunch of crap, but our dorm (read: smoke goes outside their window and up one floor and into ours) smelled like pot and softener sheets for ever.That being said, I smoke a few times a week in my bedroom at night. I just open a window and set a fan about 5' from it blowing out. Never had a problem or a complaint from the parents. One time I lit incense and I got in trouble tho, so that shit obviously has a much stronger scent.TYLER

My parents don't know i smoke shisha. my hookah should be coming within hte next few weeks. I'm 16 (legal age in my country) so they can't complain. 2 out of 3 of my brothers smoke cigs, and they're made to go outside. I don't really want to tell my parents about it, because no mater how much i respect them, i know they will do what most people int he UK do and streotype, assuming its illegal drugs and im going to be an addict. so i intend to wait until they go to bed (normally bout 10:30) and smoke outside or maybe even inside with window opne

hey! a solution would be to make your parents start smoking it, so that you can blame on them the smell! Either way, the scent that hookas leave is pretty good, and I think some feebrez will help you a lot if you cant talk your dad into getting to smoke hookahs! The incense idea is pretty cool too, you see everyone here is helping you! lol, good luck!

Yeah, incense is alot stronger than hookah smoke in my experience... Since my mom nolonger lives in this house, my step-dad will light up a cigar from time to time, so he can't say much... Whenever I finally get a hookah again, I'm gonna invite him to smoke with me just so he can see :D

I don't know. I'm with the people who say respect the rules of the house. I'm 19, and I not allowed to smoke in the upper floor of the house, because that's where the bedrooms are and my parents don't want the smoke in there. Not only that, but there's the fact that hookah is meant to be a relaxing thing, sneaking about with it doesn't seem so relaxing to me.

[quote name='nuschultz']damp towel sounds like the trick most kids in college use when smoking pot.  btw it doesnt work.[/quote] it does keep the smell from going out the door into the hallway...i lived in the dorms last year and it worked like a charm

My dad knows I smoke but not when. He thinks I smoke like once a month it's so unnoticeable. I have the Febreeze air scents or whatever in my room that I use all the time. It's of course better to ask permission or compromise with them, so long as they know. I don't smoke at my moms because I know she'd chop my head off if she even knew I smoke Hookah let alone in the house!Good luck.

or you could do it like i originally did it...bought one and just started smoking out outside when my parents saw it they asked what are you doing i explained it 2 them they just said im crazy. the only thing i got in trouble for is smoking inside which was ok until i had the case of the jumping charcoal incidient and yea burned my computer chair and little bit of my hardwood flooring after that no smoking in the house!!

yeah i was also smoking outside. i actually got both my mom and dad to smoke with me. they're cool with it. as long as it's drug free. so now we have weekly sessions at my house. feels good to stop hiding it from them.

oh man did i have a close encounter today. Smoked 2 bowls out of my new QT, which even though im sick with a sore throat, actually made my throat feel better :PRight as i got done cleaning the hookah, and got it all packed away, in what my sister calls its little lantern, my grandfather walked in the door. i love that he doesnt smell anything diffrent even walking in right as were smoking. But still, him catching me with it would be a bad thing, at least in the house. Outside id probably be fine, but inside...

Alright, I don't know about you but my parents are understanding. You need to tell them, "Mom and Dad, I am 18 now. I am old enough to make my own decisions. Some of them you might not agree with while others you will find very responsible. I choose not to smoke cigarettes but rather smoke this. (explain the super small amounts of nicotine and tar and so and so)" Also, tell them that you have made very responsible decisions (provided you are not a dumbass and do drugs) about drugs and such. Just try to convince them that this is the least of their worries and u only do it as a hobby...not habit.