Tobacco Leaf, Newtown Pa

atalanta

Name: [b]Tobacco Leaf[/b]
Location: [b]15 South State Street, Newtown (215) 968-4140 next to "Ye Olde Temperance House"[/b]
Store: [b]Cigar store with pipe and hookah supplies.[/b]
Website: [b]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tobacco-Leaf/125709880789663?sk=info[/b]

I stopped in the first time over the weekend with the intention of getting a hookah for our Hurricane Irene party. Took me a minute to realize that all their hookahs are on top of the cabinets holding their cigars. Ok. I can deal with that. I looked at them and realized that there was something about them when one of the boxes read "Super Hooka". So I asked the guy working there about them. He wasn't able to tell me much other than that they were Chinese made (the prices, just about all were under US$100.00). They were attractive, but from what I've read all over this forum, I decided to stay away.

They had a nice selection of shisha, herbal and tobacco. I will post later what they had. I think they had a big display of Starbuzz by the front door. They also had a choice of charcoal, Coconara and I think the QL was three kings.

I plan to go back for charcoal and shisha. I'll post more when I know more. As always, call ahead of time for hours.

Stopped back, was sorely tempted to get a chinese hookah to tide me over, but managed to resist.

They have a massive selection of Starbuzz, 100g and 250g tins. Prices for Starbuzz are about on par with online prices. They also had a couple boxes AF 50g and Nakala 50g for under US$3.00 (at the time of this writing). They also carry a few flavors of Layalina. For herbal, they carry Soex which is the same price as what I've seen online.

For charcoal prices, they are on par with what's available online.

They have a couple bowls, mainly egyptian in the case. I didn't notice any foil or screens.

If you are within driving distance, it's worth it for their prices on tobacco and coals. PA sales tax is 6%

I haven't been to the Lawrenceville NJ location so can't vouch for their prices (probably higher since NJ has nasty tobacco taxes)

• 2 months later...
I've never been to any smoke shops down that way. I get my coals and shisha from a local head shop or a Syrian market up the road from me. The rest I just order online. Is there any good lounges in the Philly area?

The Fig in Jenkintown is closed, I believe (couldn't find it last time I was driving down 611). Little Marekesh in Dresher I've been to for the food and dancing. I've heard they're good for hookah too and use Myas and sell them as well. There are some places in Philly, but I haven't been to them yet.