Mel Gibson

normally i only pay mild attention to the insanity that celebrities cause, but mel gibsons anti-semetic tirade after a drunk driving got me thinking. who here saw this coming years ago? who here honestly didnt already suspect gibson of anti-semetism? to be honest, even being quarter jewish myself, it doesnt bother me that much. mainly, it is no big surprise. i know he hates jews. have known for some time. ever since his father openly stated that the holocaust never happened, and mel gibson said nothing. to be perfectly honest, id rather deal with 100 goose stepping mel gibsons than one over-zealous scientologst. one good thing out of all this is that rob schneider (derp de derp!) has stated that he will never work with mel gibson. isnt that the funniest thing youve ever heard? as if he has a choice in the matter!what are all of your opinions on this?

I think he was drunk and pissed off about how much sh!t he took from the Jewish community for having the "audacity" to portray Christ being sentenced to death by Jews.Not that I care to come to Mel's defense.... But Jews were makiong anti-Mel statements first.

sorry, i did not mean to imply i was in any way a practicing jew. my grandfather was full jewish, and under nazi law i would have been exterminated with him, so thats something i take seriously sometimes.so i dont really know what Tisha B'Av is.

It is the Jewish celebration of remembering the horrible things that have happened to the Jews in their long history. The Persian/Babylonian/Assyrian diaspora, the Roman slaugtering of Jews, the destruction of the temple, and most recently the World War II slaughter of the Jews. Ironically, most of these events have occured roughly around the same time of the calender month for Jews, Tisha B'Av. Though historically, the events probably haven't occured around the same time, it is more the time that the Jews remember these things. [url="http://www.jewfaq.org/holidayd.htm"]http://www.jewfaq.org/holidayd.htm[/url] for more details!

not to be rude (even though is is more a phrasing correction) Tisha B'Av (the 9th of the hebrew month of Av) is not really a celebration but rather a time of mourning and pain. It would be kinda like sitting shiva (shiva is also a time of mourning for the death of someone you know personally) for your child (G-d forbid). I am someone who is in the process of converting to orthodox judaism (even though they don't like the fact that I smoke hookah, they will have to deal with it). I think that Mel gibson is a blemish on the christian society. He has done great things for the christian society but is very conservative in his views on christianity. There are many christians that have built bridges between jews and christians. I, even though converting to Judaism respect pope John Paul II for his work to restore shalom(peace) between judaism and christianity. I know that getting drunk will alter your perception on things (Physically and mentally), but I haven't seen that many drunks go into fits about how all the wars of the world are the jew's fault and asking a police officer if he is a "f*cking Jew". Also it is sad that there has been so much that has happened on Tisha B'Av, that there has to be a time of mourning. and also the reason jews were salty over the passion is because of the fact about the way the jews were portrayed. I think the christians would be mad if the jews made a movie that rebuked the statement that said jesus is the savior. In either case, one group would be criticizing the views of another.

I don't think it to be rude in the slightest. I agree that is is more of an observation than a celebration but explaning it on a more simpler basis and to give it a holiday sounding method allows for easier explanation. In American culture, Memorial Day is a Holiday but is not associated with necessarily solemn mourning. Thank you for our kind rebuke.