Ram Quicklight Coals

thatonethere

Ram Quick Light Coals

Appearence: preformed rectangular bars designed to be broken into 4 squares. There is a gold coating over them designed to aid in the lighting process.

Smell: A bit sulphur-y when lit.

Ease of lighting: The whole coal doesn't get lit, rather where the flame comes in contact, the coal gets red, and the gold coating will start to flake off and blow around like burnt paper.

Longevity: They last for about thirty minutes to one hour (with wind cover)

Taste: They kind of taste like a hint of lighter fluid. They seem to leave an ashy taste in my mouth.

I'm not really fond of these coals at all. I just use them so I can get rid of them. Then I could get some better ones. On the up side, they don't explode, which saves my kitchen sink, counter and floor.

[size="4"][/size]

• 1 year later...
Ram Quick Light Coals

Appearance: Circular disks
Smell: I found the smell while lighting to be reminiscent of the smell of lighting fireworks/sparklers...
Ease of lighting: Seemed easy, lit rapidly, vigorously, and completely
Longevity: Got a good 15 min. out of each one
Taste: Like the OP noted, similar to lighter fluid...
Comments: These coals worked fine as coals, despite the slight "off" taste. However, after only 30 minutes, I experienced a killer headache, so I got up for some water. I found myself staggering to the kitchen, as if I was drunk. I was a bit disoriented and was slurring my speech slightly. After taking a quick blood pressure reading, my resting heartrate was at 130 bpm, and remained that way for about an hour. I read online, and found that I likely had an instance of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Following this, I took a 3 hour long nap with a fan on and windows opened. I will not be using these coals again.