Swift-Lite Excelsior Quicklight Coals

billy

Swift-Lite Excelsior 33mm

Lighting: Lit them on a stove, lit up in about 10 seconds then started blowing for about 30-40 seconds.

Smell: No smell at all

Taste: Only a tiny little bit when finishing smoke.

Ash: Only a little bit

Rating : 8/10! biggrin.gif Edited by billy

• 3 months later...
SWIFT-LIGHT EXCELSIOR- UK BASED COMPANY

EASE OF LIGHTING- Hold a lighter up to it for a few seconds an off it goes! Blow on it an it starts to glow.

HEAT- A lot of heat allowing loads of smoke, last no longer than 30 mins (1 coal spit into 2 pieces) so have to use 2 coals on a typical session.

SMELL- Definate smell as coat burns off, no smell after that.

TASTE- Im torn over here, normally i dont use easy light coal but the other day i had the most amazing shisha without a single hint of coal taste coming through. It was a larger expensive hookah and everytime i use them on this shisha no taste comes through (with funnel bowl). When i use them on smaller hookahs the taste seems to come through so still not sure.

OVERALL- Excellent when the taste does not come through. I found one definate problem though when removing ash the coal just crumbles which is a major drawback. This does not happen in all batches though so maybe there are many inconsistencies. Or maybe my bad experiences are with the imitations of this coal going around.

• 6 months later...
Swift-Lite
I got these from local vendor. They were all I could find to hold me over until my order arrived in the post. VILE!

Ease of Lighting: Not difficult initally but they require blowing to get the entire disk red. Beware, they explode! Happily, both that did so chose to do so on the stove. 3/10

Smell: Gunpowdery when lit, a disgusting citrus-y ammoniac smell when burning. The smell does not go away to the bottom of the bowl. 0/10

Taste: VILE. I cannot describe it but it is chemical. I did not notice it with stronger tasting ma'asel but it absolutely ruined more delicate flavour of melon. 0/10

Duration: Just under an hour in the small Egytian clay bowl. Tend to go out on the bottom if one does not draw quite often. 7/10

Ash: Not as neat as others, not nearly so bad as some. 5/10

Overall: I will never use these again, they are an insult to the ma'asel! Indeed, I only used three tablets of the roll and the rest were put in the rubbish as soon as the post arrived this morning. I went to the website to complain of it but the mail bounced! I tried the comment wall but it, too bounced! BIG FAT ZERO!

al Akhala
This is what came with the initial order and several more free with subsequent orders. I had only ever used Golden QL before but decided to try them when another said they were very good. Please note these rolls I have are now nearly a year old because I did not care to to experiment.

Ease of Lighting: They light quite spectacularly. Huge fountain of sparks, rather a puff of smoke. I put a small kettle over them after the first one to prevent cinder burns. They are hot in less than 15 seconds! 9/10

Smell: When lighting there is the gun powder smell but not very strong. Smell disappears from tablet almost at once. 9/10

Taste: Unless one is impatient and does not wait a few moments for a layer of ash to form, there is no taste at all. 10/10!

Duration: Cannot get more than 40 minutes. They burn a bit hot and require to be moved about from time to time. 6/10

Ash: A bit soft and loose. These are the messiest of the three herein reviewed. 3/10

Overall: Taking proper precautions, I would use them again and be content. They are the backup QL type for me. I very much like they are flat on both sides!!! 8/10

Golden Quicklight
Of all the three herein reviewed, these are the only ones developed for ma'asel. All other I know were initially developed for incense! These were the first QLs I tried upon recommendation from a dear and trusted friend. I hold them to be the QL standard by which all others will be measured.

Ease of lighting: Very easy, few sparks, nearly no smoke. 9/10

Smell: A little gun powder but not at all strong, goes away when fully lit. 9/10

Taste: NONE! 10/10

Duration: Over an hour. I am quite amazed. 10/10

Ash: Very firm, doesn't not come apart easily when handled hot, often does not come apart even when coal has fully burnt out and is cold. I find I need not ash it until it is very far down, nearly so small as to be ineffective anyway. 10/10

Overall: They hold first place among QLs in my estimation. The only better are natural which I still prefer if possible. I must give them 11, the naturals 12 and 13. Edited by UltraGoth

• 6 months later...
Quick Light Coal Review: Swift-Lite

Got these from a random smoke shop in a pinch.

Ease of Lighting: 5/10 - the quick-light mechanism didn't take long to kick in but the coal didn't really show that it was burning. Technically it didn't take too long to light (it did take at least 4 minutes before it was fully lit) but it was hard to tell.

Smell: 4/10 The smell was pretty strong through the lighting process

Smoke: 1/10 HUGE smoke when lighting, the only coals I have worried about in regards to messing with the smoke detector. Much much worse than Exoticas and Cocos.

Longevity:
3/10 Lasted about 30 minutes, pretty disappointing

Ashing: 3/10 They ashed pretty heavily and unevenly

Form/Size: 4/10 They were medium sized but they cracked easily, seemed pretty fragile

Taste: 7/10 no apparent taste, but then again - the coals didn't last very long so it was hard to tell

Overall: 4/10 I would only recommend these if, like me, you're out of coals and need some asap, I don't see any other reason to use them

Attached: Pic of what they look like in the package

• 3 weeks later...
Torch Swift Lites

I bought these from The Hookah Company when I bought my first Hookah. I find it amusing now that they no longer sell them.

Ash: 4/10 within the first min of lighting these and setting them on my foil they were immediately covered in a layer of ash that was dropping off of them every time someone would take a hit.

Smell: 2/10 I have smoked quite a few hookahs at parties with quick lights and never before had I smelled these. It was like an instant headache if you so much as caught a waft of these coals fragrance. I found myself holding my breath until they finished sparking.

Taste: 6/10 One thing I found surprising was they did not affect the taste of the shisha too much, yet again any taste is a big offense in my book. At first you can only taste the shisha but about halfway through your session you start to taste that familiar charcoal chemical flavor in the back of your throat.

Longevity: 6/10 They did last a good amount of time 30 to 45 min but not long enough to be considered a great coal. And It definatly did not make up for the other negative factors against it.

So If you have found a shop that actually sells these coals and are actually thinking of purchasing then be advised they do a good job, very little taste but light them outside and do not smell them. Careful with the ash as well because there is alot of it.

Overall I give them a 5/10 Edited by theophylaktos

• 2 years later...
[font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Ease of Lighting:[/u] [/size][/font][font="arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"] Easy to light, need a good 30-40 seconds of blowing when lit.[/size][/font]
[u]
[/u]
[font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Smell:[/u][/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Smell very chemically when lighting up, fades very quick after.[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]
Longevity:[/u][/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2] Last between 3-45 mins[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Ashing:[/u][/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2] Ash very heavily, and very quickly.[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Form/Size:[/u][/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2] Decent size, easy to split into 2.[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Taste:[/u][/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2] Couldn't taste at all.[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][u]Overall:[/u] 8/10 for me. Ive tried other QL's and these seem to last a decent amount of time and have no taste.[/size][/font]