Bush has rejected the stem cell bill

djnick

agree or disagree? I have to say i disagree. More gov spending on wars and less on research, good job W. Not to mention hes trying to take a little heat away from his middle east conflict. I have to say Bush is the worst president i have seen in my 20 years of living. 

And my 35. I agree. I believe that of all the science that we could
pick on, to "ban" as it were, this is the most irresponsible one.
Letting ignorant, delusional religious people stand in the way of
science harkens back to Copernicus and witch burnings. To think that,
in my opinion, the greatest country in the world could allow religious
idiots to dictate policy is...disturbing...who's running the show?
Buddy O' God, religious super-hero?

Moreover, Bush continues to support the rogue state of Israel and their
terrorist acts. Surprise! Israel capitalizes on ANOTHER opportunity of
confusion...trying to take over Lebanon. Or at least torturing innocent
civilians.

Good going, Georgy, you could have saved millions, but you decided to kill thousands in a war just to support the religious right.

/completely unbiased

I loved a discussion on one of those talk radio programs, the Tom Likus show. This is where they try to bring up intelligent points and end up sounding like fourth graders on bring a newspaper article to school day.They brought up the point "Why should the governement spend money on something many Americans feel is immoral?"Simple:People's religious views shouldn't enter into the decision making process. That violates the first amendment to the constitution.

Just because he is the president does not mean he has the right to stop the advancement of health science.

There will never be a separation of chruch and state until one or the other no longer exist.

i was deeply saddened that he rejected the issue for the simple fact that it shows alot of promise for curing many uncurable diseases. i wonder if he will step down peacefully or will try ot become the king of america? he seems to have made those moves already by setting up legislation that allowes him to overstep congress, which is his check and balance.

interesting thing i found out- embryonic stem cells actually have not been that effective, it are the adult ones that people have in their noses and other places that are more effective. hey, if it works better, and it shuts the religious people up, im all for it.

now, did bush ban all use of stem cells? or just embryonic?

Embryonic, he didn't ban them, he is on the record as saying using federal money for such a thing is awful. Thats the point, embryonic are thought to be potentially more helpful, but more research needs to be done. Besides, the point is, I think, if we allow ballon-heads like George Bush to use religious imperatives to determine what science is appropriate and what science is not, we would still be (and will return again to) times when witches were burned and people though infections were God's wraith. When religious people control science, their stupidity destroys the very fabric that science is based on.

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Why not use both to explain things? What about such brilliant minds such as Sir Francis Bacon, Sir Isaac Newton, and Gregor Mendel were all active in using faith, reason, and science. Much of the classics in philosophy, art, history and science were preserved through the Middle Ages by monasteriesTangiers, not everyone who is a Christian also believes that witches such be burnt at the stake and that the boogeyman is real and that fevers and nocturnal emissions come from an oversexed imagination.People who do not like religious people’s political ideology use the same thinking method in formulating their opinions but think that they are somehow different than those who are religious simply because their worldview selects the opposite opinion. Just like “those religious people” you throw objectivity out the proverbial window and approach the situation with a different set of lenses, but lenses all the same.We’re western. Everything we do is based on a thesis or antithesis (read: response to) religion whether we like it or not.