Anyone Else See This?

Travis

More info.......

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101030/ap_on_re_mi_ea/airports_suspicious_packages_yemen_threat"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101030/ap_on_re_mi_ea/airports_suspicious_packages_yemen_threat[/url]

I am suspicious of these pronouncements that come on the eve of the election. The Bush crew used to play that fear game to the max.First the packages were suspicious, then there was no explosive, now they "apparently" contain explosives. What's that supposed to mean anyway, apparently?? While obviously something happened/was discovered it seems like once the White House got a hold of it the message changed. Are we angling to commit more military force to Yemen? I read the other day that recently America decided to no longer fund the militaries of nations that used children as soldiers. Oh but that had to be amended to exclude our "allies" in the war on terror which pretty much was 5 nations out of 6 that use kids. Only evil Myannmar doesn't get guns for its middle schoolers. Nobody tells the truth anymore, its all spun one way or another in order to hopefully illicit the Pavlovian slobbering they desire. Well John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are hosting a rally to restore sanity today in DC. Hopefully they will draw more than Glenn Becks 8/28 and the Democratic event that was held in September. That's what we need, no republican party, democratic party, tea party, just a Sanity Party.:smiley-angry021:

I find it funny how lightly you all can takes stuff like that. I guess the saying ignorance is bliss is very true and alive. Just a friendly nudge in the right direction, this should be taken seriously.

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1288460330' post='486846']
I find it funny how lightly you all can takes stuff like that. I guess the saying ignorance is bliss is very true and alive. Just a friendly nudge in the right direction, this should be taken seriously.
[/quote]

Perhaps you are right, we should take this kind of stuff seriously, however we have been lied to,manipulated, spun, provoked by fear that it becomes hard to see this stuff as anything else but more politics as usual. It will be sad when the real warning comes and no one listens. When the story ran on CNN.com and large percentage of the comments were to the effect that this was all bullshit from Washington. So far into the ridiculous our government has become.

I agree with Mustafa. they've lied so many times over and over to us that we just find it hard to believe anything they say or take it seriously (even an event as important as this one)

I guess you become more cynical when you have seen as much as some of us have seen. This reminds me of the hostage situation back during the change of guard from Carter to Reagan.
Ray

• 5 weeks later...