[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1282948120' post='480529']
[quote name='joanna' timestamp='1282946366' post='480527']
[quote name='benjie613' timestamp='1282789144' post='480310']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1282787869' post='480307']
[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1282787070' post='480306']
If you can find them, buy Canary Golden Charcoal...buy them all.

there won't be many left on the market...
[/quote]

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about GCs! They're so good....
[/quote]

Anyone wanna help me find out where to possibly be able to get them?!

ALSO how exactly do i light naturals? I have a gas stove just for the info!
[/quote]

Lighting naturals on a gas stove is a bitch. I don't think it would be worth it. I stayed with my girlfriend for a week, and she has a gas stove, and I didn't have any quick-lights on me. So we held the coals over the flames of the gas grill with tongs, and waited for them to be lit. We had to use oven mitts because the tongs got hot, which sucked. And it took at least 5 minutes to get a coal to light.
Needless to say, it was horrible.
I would suggest getting some sort of hot plate or portable electric coil thing.

Unless somebody knows of a more efficient way to light naturals on a gas stove, and I wasted all that time for no reason...
[/quote]
use a metal screen or grate to place over the burner...set the coals on top, light the burner, wait 2 minutes, flip and then wait 1 minute...

i find the gas stoves actually light nats faster if you use the grate thingy..
[/quote]

I completely agree the grate thing works wonders. just make sure to test the metal to so that it is strong enough to handle the heat because otherwise it will melt and make a mess, I know this from personal experience lol.

On to the subject of coals. Coconut coals are great but if you are looking for quick-lights I would say CH quick lights or Three kings quick lights. As for naturals I would say the best thing are lemon wood natural coals however you will need a hammer and chisel as the pieces can get quite large. Also the best way to light the lemon wood natural coals would be placing them in a can with slits on the bottom and placing that over a portable propane stove. Either that or you douse the can with lighter fluid and light it and fan it. I am sure Hassouni knows what I am talking about and I cant find a video to show what I explained...

[quote name='srawas89' timestamp='1282950912' post='480532']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lighting naturals on a gas stove is a bitch. I don't think it would be worth it. I stayed with my girlfriend for a week, and she has a gas stove, and I didn't have any quick-lights on me. So we held the coals over the flames of the gas grill with tongs, and waited for them to be lit. We had to use oven mitts because the tongs got hot, which sucked. And it took at least 5 minutes to get a coal to light.

Unless somebody knows of a more efficient way to light naturals on a gas stove, and I wasted all that time for no reason...
[/quote]
use a metal screen or grate to place over the burner...set the coals on top, light the burner, wait 2 minutes, flip and then wait 1 minute...

[/quote]

I completely agree the grate thing works wonders. just make sure to test the metal to so that it is strong enough to handle the heat because otherwise it will melt and make a mess, I know this from personal experience lol.

On to the subject of coals. Coconut coals are great but if you are looking for quick-lights I would say CH quick lights or Three kings quick lights. As for naturals I would say the best thing are lemon wood natural coals however you will need a hammer and chisel as the pieces can get quite large. Also the best way to light the lemon wood natural coals would be placing them in a can with slits on the bottom and placing that over a portable propane stove. Either that or you douse the can with lighter fluid and light it and fan it. I am sure Hassouni knows what I am talking about and I cant find a video to show what I explained...

[/quote]

Never used the can, I've just used an electric stove for bulk wood coals, or stuck em in the barbecue coals after the cooking is done and then fished them out again. I know the Turkish sites sell a sort of lighter gel stuff, I would hope it burns off before the coal is ready to use....

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1282980165' post='480551']
[quote name='srawas89' timestamp='1282950912' post='480532']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Never used the can, I've just used an electric stove for bulk wood coals, or stuck em in the barbecue coals after the cooking is done and then fished them out again. I know the Turkish sites sell a sort of lighter gel stuff, I would hope it burns off before the coal is ready to use....

[/quote]

I mean when I used lighter fluid it always burned off by the time the coals were lit, I mean I never tasted a difference lol so I am assuming it burned off.