Actual Biblical Sources

Tyler

[quote name='mitchard' date='22 July 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1279828147' post='475978']
You still didn't tell him who handled the shit issues in the ark.
[/quote]

Meh, it was raining for so long, it probably washed over the edges? :P

After further research i found that angels descended from heaven, the skies opened , they took out their holy shovels and daily, to the sounds of "hosanna, hosanna in the highest, pass the hose Anna" they shoveled the shit into the ocean creating an ecological disaster the likes of which has only been equaled recently in the Gulf of Mexico

you are forgetting one very important thing about the ark story. It was a miracle of God not Noah. he commanded Noah to build the ark. He compelled the animals to come to the ark. He can make it so the animal do not require food or pooping. I am not saying you have to believe it the way it is written and I guarantee we did not get the whole story but the reader's digest version. It could have been a valley that flooded. To Noah it seems like it was the whole world. There is truth in the Bible but it is not the whole story,It is just the parts that are needed to get the point across. Granddad may have been in wwii but did he really kill 500 Japs. Sounds like a lot.Maybe he didn't get the story straight but the lesson of the story is still there.I am going to be starting a new church called "it's just that simple" everyone wants to complicate Christianity and make it harder than it has to be.
Ray

Oh yeah, its an old middle eastern myth, can be found in the Gilgamesh epic from Sumer. Different dude,[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utnapishtim"]Utnapishtim[/url] instead of Noah. Lots of Turks and Armenians have been made good money and had great fun selling old wood from Mt Ararat to unsuspecting fundamentalists. Same families probably sold Constantine's mother the true cross.

[quote name='ezxen' date='08 June 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1276026264' post='471112']
Allot of native american tribes also have similar creation and flood stories similar to the Judao /christian bible. [b]Also if i remember the ancient Sumerian text also have similar stories .
[/quote]

[/b]The sumerian stories are older than the bibles.