So Where'S Scotsman?

Rani

Yea I went ahead and reported TheScotsman's post.

I love to argue politics, but I try to do it in a civil manner.

Using phrases like libtard, and "learn to read more than a bumpersticker" definitely cross the line of acceptable discourse.

I'm happy to debate anyone on the merits, but that stuff is just beyond the pale.

[quote name='acolorado' date='26 March 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1269641139' post='459936']

Using phrases like libtard, and "learn to read more than a bumpersticker" definitely cross the line of acceptable discourse.

I'm happy to debate anyone on the merits, but that stuff is just beyond the pale.
[/quote]
please taking the moral high ground. that is weak. We are all grown ups and we can take being called a few names.I hate when someone feels like they are losing an argument that they need to say "oh you called me a name I don't want to play anymore." it wasn't personal and you know it. Kids these days.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='27 March 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1269703930' post='460055']
[quote name='acolorado' date='26 March 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1269641139' post='459936']

[/quote]
please taking the moral high ground. that is weak. We are all grown ups and we can take being called a few names.I hate when someone feels like they are losing an argument that they need to say "oh you called me a name I don't want to play anymore." it wasn't personal and you know it. Kids these days.
Ray
[/quote]

I'm sorry but I am completely confident I was winning the argument. That is why I don't need to resort to profanity and name-calling.

I am happy to play, I just like to play with people who don't need to resort to boorish behaviors.

On that note if you have and real arguments to refute my posted information, please give us the argument and the proof to back it up.

We'll be waiting, but we won't hold our breath.

I will be upfront, i have not read the bill. i have read more myth then reality without a single doubt in my mind but i am forming an opinion based on something i do know and thats the industry i am involved in, Insurance.

Insurance companies operate on a simple concept, loss ratio. when people claim x in any given class you need to charge x + operating costs just to break even. most insurance companies tend to usually have less then a 5% profit margin and they are very excited if they see anything over 5%.

Insurance breaks people into different classes and attaches a rating factor to any given client that is in correlation to the risk tied in with insuring that client. thats why it costs more to insure an 18 year old male driver over a 21 year old male driver. insurance companies deny coverage because a risk becomes to great. We had a women who had a liability claim that went for over a quarter of a million. no matter how many years an insurance company had her they would never break even so no one wanted to write her. the same thing applies for health insurance, if some ones risks are to great the insurance company would deny them because the company knew it did not have a program which would remain profitable for that potential insured. perhaps cruel but a business is still a business and it does no good to anyone if it doesnt stay afloat.

now if insurance companies suddenly couldn't stop from insuring those high risks how much harder do you think it would be to become profitable overall without increasing the premiums on other customers? now take that and on top of it add a bunch more people who don't even pay into the company but the company has to pay them out. they will be a wide demographic of varying loss categories. now on the flip side some things get better. you get some money from people not in your company and in theory all medical payouts should go down because of stiffer regulation.

Think said insurance company is ahead of the game or going to be sorely lacking? All the predictions in the world wont tell you the real answer and i know this from watching insurance companies come out with new rates ever other year. nothing pans out like the charts say it will and those are charts and companies not muddied by political slander unlike this thing.

From my insurance experience I see the same thing happening which happens to all things in insurance. You look at the charts, you come out with a new plan that will save customers lots of money and then you release it. About a year to two years later after growing really fast you realize you were totally wrong on a couple of the classes and charging to little and now you had to flex file and suddenly premiums change across the board by 5-10% on average but some classes will see as much as 10-20%. will premiums be cheaper when it releases? i have no doubt in my mind. will it stay that way? most likely not for more then a year or two, defiantly less then five.