How To Decorate Hookah Base?

elby

Hello! I have a clear hookah base that's very, very plain and I'd just love to decorate it but I'm not quite sure how. I thought of using glass paint, but I'm worried it will come off if I wash it too often. If anyone has any DIY ideas, let me know!!

[quote name='elby' date='11 March 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1268354549' post='456635']
Hello! I have a clear hookah base that's very, very plain and I'd just love to decorate it but I'm not quite sure how. I thought of using glass paint, but I'm worried it will come off if I wash it too often. If anyone has any DIY ideas, let me know!!
[/quote]

Use Armour Etch to chemically engrave the glass with a design. Then make an LED base to sit the hookah on so that the designs glow.

[quote name='elby' date='11 March 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1268354549' post='456635']
[/quote]

If you don't mind oven baking to cure, look for Pebeo Vitrea 160 paints at your local art supply store. I'd recommend Michaels or Joann since they both carry the paint and marker variants and often have 40-50% off coupons. If you do not want to or can't bake your glass, then try Delta PermEnamels. The PermEnamels will end up being more expensive because you will need to use the surface conditioner and the varnish/glaze. The PermEnamels also aren't as durable as the Vitrea when properly hardened although they will hold up better than regular paints with a clear coat over them.