Material For Homemade Bowls?

Hassouni

Screw it all, I'm making a damn funnel to fit my Leb hookah. It's gotta be cheaper than $20 + shipping from HC (yes, I'm a poor poor student and right now $20 is a lot of money). What would work? I'm happy with unglazed-- the unglazed bowls I've got, and all the other unglazed bowls I've seen, look like they're made from terra cotta...are they?

Because I'm seriously, indescribably broke. I'm a grad student....$20+ for a connector could be much better spent on things I need to live like electricity or food... Plus I think making one would be cool!

Ya I hear you.

Well for 3 bucks i'm sure you can make a connector out of tinfoil

With a small pair of side cutters you can try to make a connector out of a soda can

Or if you want take some measurements and I can try to make you a connector out of olivewood. Pm me and we can work something out. I think that would be a very easy project if I can get the right measurements.

[quote name='indian_villager' date='23 January 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1264234685' post='447245']
Go to a home depot and look at their brass hose barbs. You will find something.
[/quote]

This is pretty much what I was thinking, get two male barbs and a connector for them. May not be a great fit, because they wouldn't be conical shape like needed to fit in a syrian bowl, but should be enough (with a grommet) to get the job done and should be like $5 at most.