Interesting Bowl Idea

twoapplesplease

[attachment=4460:th_Shish...lconcept.jpg]

Just a bowl conncept idea I had a few days ago...The coals would go in the center chamber.There would be holes to let the heat too the tobacco.Then the air would be draw threw the tobacco by holes in the outside bowl wall.Kinda like I've seen in a one coal bowl somewhere...

You would place the foil over the top pretty much normally except the only hole you would poke would be one large one to the coal chamber.It would need to have a good lip on the inside part of the coal chamber area to hold the foil tight.

The Idea of this was to heat the tobacco evenlly from the insideout and maybee use less coals.Take the coal off the foil and keep ash from getting in the tobacco.

Just a random idea I had and I did a quik paint job to visualize it.Just thought I'd share

Ideally I think it would be just the perfect size amount to use one round of coco coals. two of them one on top the other.Possibly I think if you needed to add more coals you would just drop them right in there.

My paint drawing job is in no way to scale or proper proportions...I'm thinking I'd want it too hold 50g and use 2 coco coals...

theres no saying how It would smoke I'd like to think it would heat more tobacco without burning it.
I don't think it would be session extender more like a monster smoke maker.

Just have to be careful about where the coal pit holes are, so the juices from the shisha don't find their way into the pit and put out the coal. Seems like an interesting idea and would be cool to see made. I don't know that 2 cocos would be enough for 50g, unless you could dump out the ash and be able to add another 2. If its phunnel like, you could probably do like 20g with only 2 coco type coals. Seems like some of the rounded finger coals would be a good fit for this set up.

I was thinking that the juices might find there way in there so the placement of the pit holes would be crucial.But I also was thinking that the airflow when you take a pull would be pulling the juices away from the coals..

I'm gonna try to build one some time this winter when its cold and dark and I'm stuck inside all day.

What are you making this out of? Ceramics and clay are poor conductors of heat. Where does the ash go? Why not put the coals underneath and have it smoke from the top? That would make better use of the heat, no? You'll need to flip your hookah upside down hookah though, plug the purge port, and build a centrifugal vase that spins fast enough to keep the water from falling down through the hookah and putting out the coals. You'll also need some tight ass gaskets too otherwise the vase will come flying off and bust you right up in the forehead causing you to fall over onto the hookah and catch on fire cause you just spilled coals all over the place. Hopefully you aren't concussed for too long because the drop part is taken care of but you'll still need to roll. Just don't roll back over the coals because if you catch back on fire how would you drop again once you've already dropped and can't get back up because of your concussion?

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 14 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you making this out of? Ceramics and clay are poor conductors of heat. Where does the ash go? Why not put the coals underneath and have it smoke from the top? That would make better use of the heat, no? You'll need to flip your hookah upside down hookah though, plug the purge port, and build a centrifugal vase that spins fast enough to keep the water from falling down through the hookah and putting out the coals. You'll also need some tight ass gaskets too otherwise the vase will come flying off and bust you right up in the forehead causing you to fall over onto the hookah and catch on fire cause you just spilled coals all over the place. Hopefully you aren't concussed for too long because the drop part is taken care of but you'll still need to roll. Just don't roll back over the coals because if you catch back on fire how would you drop again once you've already dropped and can't get back up because of your concussion?

lol_hitting.gif thats funny made my day...And yes clay...I think the ash would just collect in the bottom of the coal pit chamber deal....Its a good thing clay is a poor cundoctor of heat cause that bowl is gonna get super hot having the coals on the inside.

I wonder if I could make one out of like 20 layers of HD or the extra heavy strenght foil to test the idea.

• 2 weeks later...