John's Cigars?

lol, its alot to take in at first but its really easy to set up and maintain..plus when you wana smoke it can take up to 10 minutes before taking your first hit with a hookah and a cigar takes about 30 seconds..but they both have there pro's and con's..i just didnt wana do both so i decided to stick with hookah

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 1 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, its alot to take in at first but its really easy to set up and maintain..plus when you wana smoke it can take up to 10 minutes before taking your first hit with a hookah and a cigar takes about 30 seconds..but they both have there pro's and con's..i just didnt wana do both so i decided to stick with hookah

Yeah, but there's somethin about the taste of a cigar.. a nice sweet, natural flavored cigar.. and that tasty wrapper too. That's something hookah can't do.

The beads should be placed in a shot glass or very small tupperware container. Like Night said, you can also cut some stocking off and use that. I'm not sure how well that hygrometer will work... you usually want to calibrate them. Bad ones can vary by like 20%. Take a very damp towel, rap it around the hygrometer tightly, and wait 24 hours. If it reads 100%, it'll probably work.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Oct 1 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The beads should be placed in a shot glass or very small tupperware container. Like Night said, you can also cut some stocking off and use that. I'm not sure how well that hygrometer will work... you usually want to calibrate them. Bad ones can vary by like 20%. Take a very damp towel, rap it around the hygrometer tightly, and wait 24 hours. If it reads 100%, it'll probably work.

Lol.. probably don't wanna do that to the digital one, right? It'd short out or something. Aww there goes my $1!! Damnit! tongue.gif

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 1 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zinite @ Oct 1 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol.. probably don't wanna do that to the digital one, right? It'd short out or something. Aww there goes my $1!! Damnit! tongue.gif

You can do it to a digital one as long as the towel isn't sopping wet or anything.

I popped open the little humidifier and took out the sponge.. if you can call that thing a sponge.. so now I can just pour the beads into this and it'll work fine. There's a mesh screen on it so no beads will fall out. Unless they're microscopic. Magnetic on the back will lock it in place inside the humidor. Sweet. smile.gif

if you want to pick up just a few sticks i suggest trying some flor de olivas

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=369 maduro
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=311 regular

has you can see how low priced they are but dont let it fool you, these are a 90 rated and from all the cigars i smoked even $35 ones these blow away all of them..pick up a few and i promise you will find yourself buying bundles, i havent tryed the maduro yet only the regular but i suspect the maduro will be just has good if not better since it has a sweet wrapper

Flor de Olivas are excellent value cigars.

They are made by Oliva and are top notch despite their price. I love Olivas in general, great construction and quality at all times. The Casa Magna Colorado is probably my favorite stick right now. Tastes great despite a little bit inconsistent burn. My smaller humidor has a few Gurkha Gran Reserves and Legends and they are excellent as well. I still have half a box of Padilla '68 sitting around and aging smile.gif. A couple Graycliffs are chillin, and I have a box of 5 Vegas Series 'A' that I'm eying. 5 Vegas is probably one of the great bang-for-the-buck brands as well.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 2 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the series A is a pretty strong little cigar..lol full bodied if im not mistaken

I'd say more of a med-full. Has a nice, typical slight maduro sweetness coco, coffee, cream, and spice. All in a nice package. Starts off as a nice med-full and turns full by the last 1/3. One of my favs.

Never really sure about Sancho Panza because I've never really heard a whole lot about it. Thought of it as a throwaway brand.

Surprisingly, a great cigar is La Herencia Cubana. Made by AJ Fernandez (Man O' War and others) and it's pretty darn good and the price tag is great too

i smoked a rocky patel once, and i wish i could remember which one it was because most of all of them i smoked really didnt like but this one was very good i think it was the signature or the Connecticut, but it was very good and i never saw so much smoke come from such a small cigar..but it was spicy..

My first cigar was free...and a Gurkah at that! Since then I've had Cohibas, Montecristos and Romeo y Julietas. A cigar is nice every once in a while, but the three day aftertaste is what limits my intake.

I now want a cigar...!!! Edited by f22a4bandit

Well after leaving a shot glass of water in the humidor for 24 hours, it's now at 70% humidity. I took the shot glass out, but the humidity hasn't gone down. Must be sealed in pretty tightly.

At least my stogies aren't dried out anymore, though a week in this sucker should make them pretty nice. The cigarillos are sure enjoying it. I smoked one just now, and mmm-mmm good. They were the closest to the shotglass, though, and not as big as the cigars, so they should soak up the humidity quicker. I thought about leaving them in the cardboard box they're sold in, but.. cardboard's not real great humidity. I bought some little silver-colored cigarette cases for them for fun. Hee.. smile.gif

I hope the drying of the stogies didn't damage them somehow.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 2 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well after leaving a shot glass of water in the humidor for 24 hours, it's now at 70% humidity. I took the shot glass out, but the humidity hasn't gone down. Must be sealed in pretty tightly.

At least my stogies aren't dried out anymore, though a week in this sucker should make them pretty nice. The cigarillos are sure enjoying it. I smoked one just now, and mmm-mmm good. They were the closest to the shotglass, though, and not as big as the cigars, so they should soak up the humidity quicker. I thought about leaving them in the cardboard box they're sold in, but.. cardboard's not real great humidity. I bought some little silver-colored cigarette cases for them for fun. Hee.. smile.gif

I hope the drying of the stogies didn't damage them somehow.

Once it reaches 70% you might want to leave the shot glass in there for a day or two so it levels out.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 2 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno.. I don't have the humidifying beads yet, and the shotglass has regular tap water in it.. it might be overkill.

make sure you only use distilled water on the beads..and really your only supposed to use distilled water in the shot glass..but again i cant say it enough only distilled water on humidity beads

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 2 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 2 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno.. I don't have the humidifying beads yet, and the shotglass has regular tap water in it.. it might be overkill.

make sure you only use distilled water on the beads..and really your only supposed to use distilled water in the shot glass..but again i cant say it enough only distilled water on humidity beads

Yeah, I don't have any distilled water.. I think my mom bought a gallon of it once to clean her sinuses.. ewwww.. but I can't find it anywhere.. I don't.. think.. she used the whole gallon.. wacko.gif