Hookahs, etc.

I've finally got to taking some pics of my hookahs, etc. so i guess here it goes...This was the first in my family, it is a 30" 3 hose Egyptian I ordered from hookah-shisha.com about 6 months ago. Its a nice piece to have, but i don't usually use the 3 hoses. It is fun for social gatherings, etc.the next is my new baby, Leyla...this is my new 17" junior Sultan hookah, it also came with a hard case, which is very nice to have. this she is shown with my recently purchased glass bowl from Smiley's hookah lounge. This is another pic of the bowl, it is very nice to smoke out of, give a great thickness and nice taste. also don't have to worry about anything harmful from aluminum foil because it has a glass screen. all the bowls there are blown by a local glass guy who does some great work. if anyone is interested in a glass bowl, contact me. they are a little pricey, but i think they are well worth it. well thats it for now, i'll get some pics up of my smoking area, etc. in a while. - Jeff

unfortunately they do not have a website. but i do keep in touch with him, and i'll definately give him the idea of selling some products on a website, or i could make one for him. As for price, mine was $25, there is one design which is 20, another that is 35, then i think 50 and there are a few that are 60. the sixtys are quite nice, but i don't know if its worth paying almost as much for a bowl as a hookah. they are all quite unique bowls. it would be a good business, because i've looked on the net and never seen anywhere that sells glass hookah bowls

• 1 month later...
Finally photographed my hookah....
 So here's my big unit out of place (on the table) posing with my
1954 (?) Zenith radio and my Radio Shack shortwave, and a closeup of
the handpainted base. When some sites advertise "handpainted base" I
bet they really don't mean it like I mean it. I got the base with the
hookah. This is a double hose Egyptian with a single Jordanian washable
hose. That thing to the right of the hose is the rock coal tray.

HookahCUlture,
Nice Zenith.  It is a H725 tabletop model.  One of the early AM/FM radios.  Does it play okay?
I'm more into the wooden varieties from the 1930's myself (the "golden age" of radio), but as the "retro-modern" look comes into popularity, these 50's plastic radios like yours are going to be increasingly sought after.

very nice looking hookah. where did you get it? how does it smoke? is it solid stainless, is it stainless? etc?

The hookah is steel stem, with the bulbs hollow steel, with the hose stems steel coated brass. The steel coating is THICK on the hose stems and will not flake off.  Tassled tray is a plus too!  I got 2 blue hoses but they're not washable and I have those for smoking with a friend, so I have a Jordanian washable for daily use.  I'm happy to say that I hand-selected each piece at [url="http://hookahkings.com"]HookahKings[/url]!They have store in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Central near San Mateo.Got my Jordanian hose at a store in Phoenix though.Hookah kings doesn't offer the tassled trays and hand painted base like I have on their site, but if you go to their shop you can pick each piece.I got the package deal. The best part about shopping in person is INSPECTION.Regarding my radio, I got it for free from a co-worker's barn. Took it to the gas station with the cover off and blew the dirt out, and it fired right up!AM plays OK but no FM at all. The front grill isn't in good condition and the needle doesn't follow the numbers when you tune. The AM antenna is a mounted oval spiderweb. I'm considering winding another coil to get SW. I've had success with this in college with another tube radio, got 49m BBC loud and clear! My roommates were astounded. I'm saving some money for a vintage Blaupunkt....--Reiner

Tassled tray is aesthetics. Way better than a plain one!
If you want to get creative you can drill 1mm holes around the lip of
the tray about 4cm apart.  Hook in some small rings, and do chain
links and hang stuff.
OR contact HookahKings and ask what they've got.

Jeff T.: I'm in Scottsdale.

very cool. how are the bars up there in phoenix? i've heard different opinions, but do you think they are worth takin a trip up for?

[quote name='Jeff_T']very cool. how are the bars up there in phoenix? i've
heard different opinions, but do you think they are worth takin a trip
up for?[/quote]

One place isn't. Read my site for details!
I wrote paragraphs. Some places in Tempe I got details from site
visitors and paraphrased, but some are from first hand experience.
Sinbad's is definitely worth a visit! I think Thurs. is the day to go for the best deal for the happy hour AND bellydancers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm interested in one of those bowls.  How much would a small bowl
be shipped to the UK?  I want a very plain styled blue one if
that's possible. 

Jeff, can you please take some more pictures of the bowl?  I want
to see more pics of it!  It will be very appreciated!