Nammor Rebuild

So it seems that plenty of people have nammors/razans falling apart at the handle or just think that they are too bland looking. Well I have a remedy.

Materials:

Nammor/Razan hose

3/4" or 1" PVC pipe

Duct Tape

Masking Tape (optional)

Gorilla Glue

Emery Cloth/Sand Paper

Fabric of choice

String/Yarn of choice

Ok and so we begin

First understand if you have the short or long handled original hose because this changes the size of the mouth tip you get. For the short I'd recommend the 3/4" PVC and for the long I think 1" should do the trick. (Verify by taking the mouthtip and the bowl gasket from the original hose to your hardware store and jabbing them into their pipes to see what fits best.)

Now take your sacrificial hose and yank everything apart. Pull out the mouth tip, the gasket for the tip, pull the hose out from the other end and that gasket as well. Try not to damage the hose part too much. Also make sure to save the wrist band type poofles.

Now take your fabric of choice (I used a 9"x12" piece of fleece I got from the local shop.) Measure the length of fabric you have or want. Now cut the pvc pipe so that you will have 1/2" extra on each side of the fabric. (So for my 9x12 piece I cut the pipe to 13").

Now take a scrap of sand paper and use your fingers to rough up the inner area of the pipe (where you would glue the gaskets) to improve adhesion. Also use the sand paper to rough up your gaskets. (Make sure you clear all parts of debris after sanding to promote adhesion.)

Then apply the gorilla glue to one of the inner edges of the pipe and push in one of the gaskets firmly, Then apply a small strip of duct tape to the joint to secure it and to help seal. In the first one I also jammed in the mouth tip so that the gasket would be properly expanded to the correct size. (NOTE: do not glue down the mouth tip. It is supposed to be removable.)

Then apply glue to the inside of the other end of the PVC pipe and push in the second gasket. Now apply the duct tape same as before. Now apply some glue to the inside of this same gasket and insert the end of the hose.

It takes about 3 hours for the Gorilla Glue to set to 80% strength so let it be.

After about 3 hours it should be workable. Now since I was working with fleece I used masking tape for this next step because if something went wrong I could remove it with ease. Apply tape to the length of one side of your fabric leaving an edge of tape to attach to the pvc pipe.

Before wrapping push the pouffle that sits over the joint between the hose and the handle down onto the hose (will make your life easier later.)

Now lay it down on a flat surface. Using a little bit more of tape I attached the free end of the fabric to the flat surface (so that I could wrap the fabric tightly.) I had two pieces of tape sticky side down so that it would attach to the surface and three pieces of tape sticky side up to keep the fabric tight so I could wrap it with ease. Now wrap tightly and roll untill the pieces of tape holding the fabric to the surface let go and the other pieces attach to the rest of the fabric giving you a solid roll.

Now use your string/yarn of choice to wrap the handle. Begin by making a knot at the bottom of the fabric (at the joint of hose and handle) and wrap in a spiral pattern up and make another knot at the end. (Use a strong knot. I used something along the lines of a surgeon's knot http://www.killroys.com/knots/surgeon.htm)
I wrapped two opposing spirals to make a criss-cross pattern. Then apply a bit of tape just as extra insurance on the ends of the knots. Now pull the pouffles so that you can't see the work at the joints and you are done.

Let it sit for 24 hrs to allow the glue to set and enjoy. Remember to leak test.

This is the end product

I'd like to thank Jon Bon for providing the Kadaver for this build!

Here is the first one I did a while ago I wrapped this one in denim

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Jul 30 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or you could just do it now to bring your own style. If I can find another borken Nammor/Razan someone wants to get rid of I plan on building THOR!

If you have anything to offer in trade (bowls, hoses, shisha) I have one thats fallen apart and been taped back together if you're interested PM me

• 1 month later...
So I've out done myself. I built two new ones. One is for me and the other is for Santino because he hooked me up. I'll show the pics of the one I made for myself because I'm torturing santino with suspense! Enjoy the epicness of my work.

With a 6" ruler next to it for comparison.

and the blurry teaser pic of the one for santino.

I may have to make one of these. The mouthtip of mine likes to fall out. Haven't decided if I'm going to glue the gasket in or make a better handle for the hose.

nice i did one similar used a old mya hose and some clear tube and left over pvc from a hookah i was making for my car ill post pics later. Oh i also used a napkin i stole form olive garden for the handle covering.

• 3 weeks later...