Thoughts On My Hookah Idea...

PSU Smoker

Ok so I've been heading about everyone making their own hookahs and it's got me pretty motivated so ive come up with an idea for my own custom hookah. So I'm basically just looking for feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements.

My idea:
I want to get a piece of clear plastic tubing, 3" in diameter and maybe 3' tall. Then I guess I would use plexiglass or another thick plastic for the bottom of the base. I'd also like to put some blue LEDs in tubing but im not really sure how to do this. Just a rubber stopper for the top of the base with some holes for the stem, hose and all that jazz. Also thinking about taking a fish tank bubbler and running the tubing though the bottom and sealing it with adhesive. I think it would just be cool to have the hookah bubble either when its smoking or not smoking. as far as making it stable I was thinking I could possibly use a candle holder at first but id eventually like to be able to install it into a table.

So please give some feedback, critizism, and suggestions.

QUOTE (PSU Smoker @ Jun 18 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so I've been heading about everyone making their own hookahs and it's got me pretty motivated so ive come up with an idea for my own custom hookah. So I'm basically just looking for feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements.

My idea:
I want to get a piece of clear plastic tubing, 3" in diameter and maybe 3' tall. Then I guess I would use plexiglass or another thick plastic for the bottom of the base. I'd also like to put some blue LEDs in tubing but im not really sure how to do this. Just a rubber stopper for the top of the base with some holes for the stem, hose and all that jazz. Also thinking about taking a fish tank bubbler and running the tubing though the bottom and sealing it with adhesive. I think it would just be cool to have the hookah bubble either when its smoking or not smoking. as far as making it stable I was thinking I could possibly use a candle holder at first but id eventually like to be able to install it into a table.

Interesting ideas, I would like to see the led's on a bare, clear stem because it would look awesome. However the fish tank filter idea wouldn't work. Since it would keep pumping normal air into the chamber, it would just keep pushing all the smoke out through the hose.

As far as making a hookah stable... few things work better than a guitar stand.

QUOTE (PSU Smoker @ Jun 18 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My idea:

ive actually done the airarator in the hookah, not as great as it would seem.

as far as clear plastic tubing, search for acrylic tubing and you should find some good stuff. it shouldnt be to expensive either.

candle holder for the base? how small is this hookah that you planning?

QUOTE (K1024 @ Jun 19 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive actually done the airarator in the hookah, not as great as it would seem.

as far as clear plastic tubing, search for acrylic tubing and you should find some good stuff. it shouldnt be to expensive either.

candle holder for the base? how small is this hookah that you planning?

Well I was thinking of a candle holder for a big ass candle, like the ones people dont usually light but just use for decoration and it would only be until I could make a table to install it in to

QUOTE (fineout @ Jun 19 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.hookahtown.com/Hookahs-Party/c2...oduct_info.html basically that thing? it bubbles without being smoked and has an LED in it...

Yeah basically that...bastards stole my idea lol...Oh well it should still be fun to build and now I have the challenge of one uping hookahtown haha

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ Jun 19 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting ideas, I would like to see the led's on a bare, clear stem because it would look awesome. However the fish tank filter idea wouldn't work. Since it would keep pumping normal air into the chamber, it would just keep pushing all the smoke out through the hose.

As far as making a hookah stable... few things work better than a guitar stand.

Guitar stand is a great idea. How much would a cheap one run? Good point with the bubble system, I really didnt think about it push the smoke out of the hose. Maybe i'd just install it so I could turn the bubbler on when I'm not smoking. Love the idea for LED placement Edited by PSU Smoker