Khalil Mamoon Trophy

mushrat

I received this pipe a couple of weeks ago from Hookahshop.co.uk, at a price of £49.99.

To start, pictures. I'm only including so many because it seems this is 'new' and no one seems to have seen them.

The whole thing:

Close ups of a few bits:

The hose!:

So, the review. This is my first KM and I'm very very pleased with it, certainly lives up to the hype.

Looks: Well, look at it. It's pretty. Not flawless, it's obviously handmade, but it was actually a lot better made and finished than I expected. A few ugly bits, like the drop valve thingy on the ice bucket is really needlessly long and ugly, and the purge valve port is brass which stands out a lot. That's the only 'problems' and I wouldn't count them as problems.

Build: Excellent, no leaks, it's straight, it's got a good weight to it. It's not heavy like I gather the solid KMs are but it doesn't feel flimsy in the slightest. No leaks. A few burrs in the hose port and downstem but I poked them with something and they fell right out. Would've been nice not to have to do that myself, but it's not a problem. The tray needed a bit of bashing about to get it to sit snug on the ice bucket, it was just sitting on the bulge on the stem, but that no doubt happened in shipping. It just need a bit of... persuading.

Using it: Amazing! I see what all the fuss is about now. The gauge of everything is very wide, the draw is excellent and effortless. Never imparted any flavour whatsoever. Very easy to clean as well, aside from it being so long. Purge is a piece of cake, which is lovely compared to my Mya Gelato (just doesn't really purge properly), and my 3 hose egyptian (have to pull out a hose or a bung to purge).

The hose: I thought this deserved a special mention. It's amazing, you can see in the pictures how huge it is. I love it! Matches the hookah perfectly, once my Razan arrives though I will probably retire it just to ornamental, I don't want to see it die sad.gif

Price: Well worth it in my opinion, seeing as it works out to about $75-80. Very much worth it.

Overall: 8/10. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close, and I'm a big fan of it being quite unique. Great looking stem, great looking hose, perfectly matched, vase is really pretty too. Knocked two off because of that ugly drop valve on the ice bucket spoiling the lines of it and not being particularly useful, and the bowl it came with (not pictured) was rubbish. Shallow, and an ugly turquoise colour that doesn't match at all. Also, it's not as heavy and stable as the older KMs look, in my eyes. Looks wise though it's pretty much perfect.

Hope this review is helpful to any UK guys thinking about this pipe and vendor, seen a couple of questions come up about both lately. I'd recommend both happily.

Sorry there's so many pictures but I'm off work right now and don't have a lot to amuse myself with, so there you go!

Edit: Just realised the aforementioned ugly ice bucket valve thing wasn't pictured. Here it is! Spoils the look a little, I think. I don't really see the advantage of it either.

Edited by mohinder