Multi Lingual

Anyone self taught a language?  I'd like to polish up on my German, Italian, and Spanish.  Unfortunately, I'm out of school... and my job doesn't necessarliy make it easy to schedule around for classes.  I was wondering if anyone would recommend either books or CDs/Software.  Any specific company recommendations would be helpful.

i miss speaking spanish regularly.  my current girlfriend speaks spanish, french, japanese, and english fluently.  she spent 2 semesters in france.  im a bit jealous.

i speak fluent Greek.i picked it up after i moved to new york.before,my mom used to  try to teach me Greek but never spoke fluently until i came here.theres a large Greek community and most of my friends are greek,i hang out at greek cafes,and my family speaks mostly  greek and/or broken english.My father learned english by buying a greek/english  dictionary and reading the english  news paper and looking up the words he didnt know.the best way to learn another language is  to live in that country or do  the news paper thing.

[quote name='Alqoshnia']I think theres a software out there supposedly one of the best called Rosetta Stone and they have a whole collection from Arabic, Spanish, French, Italian, etc.
 [/quote] Rosetta stone just teaches words, no structure no grammer, and no translation (ure supoused to learn transparantly via pictures )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...