Oasis Cafe

Rajun274

This is a hookah cafe in the heart of Coconut Grove, right next to the all of the college bars and Cocowalk.

Atmosphere: This cafe is a pretty cool place to smoke. There's a bouncer in the front who checks IDs. If you're over 21, they give u a wristband for buying alcohol. The inside and outside area is nice and clean - you order the hookah inside and smoke outdoors. The unfortunate part is that finding a seat can be difficult if you're with a group of people - the place gets crowded easily, especially on weekends at nighttime. However, there's a DJ that spins good music, so the vibe is always good. The other bad part is that this is the only place in Coconut Grove for an under-21-year-old to hang out, which means Oasis is usually filled with high school kids. Not the best of crowds if you can't stand young-ins. I believe they have wireless internet access for customers. Food is not available for purchase, but there's plenty of places to eat several stores down.

Hookah, Shisha, & Coals: They use Mya hookahs, and you can order a hookah with any number of hoses. The coals are disk quicklights, probably Three Kings, which is kinda sad since I think hookah bars should only be using natural coals. I've smoked there several times, and the flavors have always been good. I can't remember how big their selection of flavors is, but it's definitely decent. The price per hookah is slightly high, but you wouldn't expect otherwise in Coconut Grove. And extra coals are free of charge.

Overall: I'd give this place an 8.5/10. No problems with the service, live and exciting environment if you don't mind under-age-ers. And the hookahs are pretty tasty with longevity.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
I hate to do this, but I have to disagree with you. I go to UM and as an avid visitor to the grove, I have been to Oasis. The music is way too loud, leaving people yelling just to communicate with the person next to them. The hookah's, in my experience, have been terrible. A lot of the hoses are cracked in the wooden handles and they have no former of sanitizing them, so every time I took a hit I had bits of ash in my mouth. The flavors they produced have been relatively non-existent and the staff does little to actually accommodate the customers. If it doesn't work you have to bring it back to them for them to tell you that it is you that is the problem, not the hookah. I was pretty dissatisfied with the place and have stopped going. In my experience, the only people that go there and enjoy it are the kind of people that don't know anything about hookah other than you suck on the hose and blow the smoke out. sorry