Screen Diffuser

JVC

I just made a diffuser out of a peice of screen, it's absolutely amazing, the smoke is thick, more flavor, I'll get pics when we're done smoking it in an hour or so. I basically just took a piece of screen, stretched it around the end of the stem, then used electrical tape to hold it on, free, and DEFINITELY worth it.

-John

QUOTE (JVC @ Feb 6 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just made a diffuser out of a peice of screen, it's absolutely amazing, the smoke is thick, more flavor, I'll get pics when we're done smoking it in an hour or so. I basically just took a piece of screen, stretched it around the end of the stem, then used electrical tape to hold it on, free, and DEFINITELY worth it.

-John

hmm. i was thinking the same too. What kind of screen is it? Metal screen?

QUOTE (FPSee @ Feb 9 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was thinking of using that, but i didnt want to cut a big hole in my window screen..

but im looking for old screens. even though that kinda sounds unsanitary...

A metal screen for computer fans would probably work, and they're small + cheap. I'm probably gonna go ahead and try using some I got laying around the house.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 9 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A metal screen for computer fans would probably work, and they're small + cheap. I'm probably gonna go ahead and try using some I got laying around the house.

Should post pics or at least keep us posted on how well that works...

• 1 month later...
Yep I had one of these on the end of my downstem for a while.. works alright until the mesh wears away. Still it's a pretty cheap method, might be less expensive in the long run than using bendy straws. Only problem is you can't take it on/off...