Magdy Zaidan Safari

camelflage

I got one of these a few months ago. It was my first real hookah I got after joining the forum and finding out I had better options than my chinese pumpkin. I haven't had any problems with this pipe at ALL. It pulls well, and has a good purge, nice sturdy stem that's easy to clean. If your looking to upgrade to something good, that's not expensive at all and isnt a huge pipe, then this is it. I love it, 10/10.

MZ Safari 24"

I got this hookah off gothookahs.com

Appearance : The stem looks nice, although I would still prefer the stem of the 26" version. The welds on the stem looks clean enough, feels quite light. Actually I think the safari stem is more or less the same weight as the stem of my QT! The base is tiny, doesn't look really stable at all. I like the paint job on the base, looks cool, but the bottom is made uneven so the base wobbles like a bitch.

Functionality
: Unfortunately, compared to my QT, the safari doesn't smoke as good. The purge valve doesn't work, I think even my QT would purge better than this. With the uneven base, I now always have to have a towel or rug under the hookah just to stop it from turning left and right and also to stop it from wobbling. Even when paired with a large ID hose, the pull stills feel somewhat restricted because of how small the hose port is. The tray is decently sized, no problem whatsoever with dropping ash missing the tray. When assembled, the hookah is sealed pretty well, so no problems with the air tightness of it at all.

Price : I think that this hookah being listed as $40 is really flattering, my evaluation would be around the $20 to 25$ mark.

Overall : I'm not trying to bash on the brand or this hookah, but so far, I am not really impressed with this hookah at all. The purge valve doesn't work, the base is extremely uneven and thus, it wobbles like crazy. The hose port is too small IMO and overall it just doesn't smoke as good as the Mya's or KMs. Maybe it's just this particular model that is below par, I still think that MZ are great hookah makers. As for rating goes, I will give this hookah an 6/10 (-2 badly made base, -1 purging does not work, -1 hose port is too small).

Note : Will post up tons of pics when I can. Probably early January next year. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Updated review!

Ok so after a dozen sessions with the hookah, so far i have only experienced some average or below average smoking session, the clouds weren't as big as I am used to.. even with AF in a phunnel! Biggest disappointment is usually when i use the egyptian bowl that came with the hookah. Good flavor but weak clouds.

So last night I packed the egyptian bowl and smoked with it using my Mya QT (2 cocos on the bowl), and what do you know? HUGE CLOUDS, and I mean litterally HUGE ASS CLOUDS! 100x better compared to when I smoked with the Safari. I don't know what it is about the Safari, but it just doesn't smoke up to my standards or my QT's standards. I checked and there were no leaks whatsoever on the hookah. Everything about the hookah is great (except for the base), but it just doesn't smoke as good..

So i'ma drop down the rating to a 5/10.

• 4 months later...
Magdy Zidan Safari

Total Pipe Height: 23" w/out bowl
Stem Length: 19"
Base Height: 9.75"
Hose: 48" Fifi Style Hose.

Purchased From:
GotHookahs.com

Overall: 6/10 It just doesn't smoke that great. I mean After a dozen tries on this thing I could never get it to smoke just great. Pulled it out today to give it one more go... nope. I haven't smoked out of any true Egyptian Style Hookahs this small besides this one and I think it has to do with the size. The air space remaining in after filling the base appropriately just really isn't enough for this style. Comparing the space on other bases this size i just come to the conclusion if the downstem was a bit longer this might preform better. The hose That it came with didn't last long enough for this particular review, but it was very substandard. It rusted after 2 sessions.