Khalil Mamoon Classic Ice (Single & Double Heart)

mushrat

HC advertises it at 36" and gothookahs advertises it at 35" so its somewhere around there lol.

First impressions :: The stem is a little light for its size but after taking a closer looks its built very very well. To the non-believers, kms are built good, you can tell they have a higher standard. Its shinier then most others I've seen. Also the welds are very nice, the only ones i thought were kind of ugly were inside the ice chamber, which doesn't matter. This thing doesn't remotely have any sort of leak. Things like the purge valve you can tell are higher quailty then on other traditional hookahs. Im not the biggest fan of a moving ash try but thats how most egyptians are and i know this. The ice chamber is smaller then i'd expected and made me realize you wont fit many full size cubes in there.

Looks :: The stem is just gorgeous, in person your mouth drops. The high polish chrome shine is beatiful, but its lack of weight has me questioning the true quality of it. I guess looks is all personal preferance but if any of you are willing to trust my eyes, its a nice looking pipe.

Smokability :: Coming Soon!

Thought I'd share the pictures and what I thought of my first KM.

sorry for crappy webcam quality sad.gif

Edited by zeppyrkr

Okay so after having 3 sessions out of it, heres how they went.

Session 1 (AF Watermelon, Small Phunnel, Mod, 3 Small Exotica Pieces) ::
- Seriously i took a hit after 10 sec of the coal being on there and i was already getting decent smoke, by the time I passed it around the group once you started not being able to see people. Thick beautiful clouds filled the room, as everyone drooled over the watermelon flavor. Every hit was easy, effortless and flavorful. Passed it around for a good hour until a few of my friends were buzzed out, I know buzzed off AF? But they smoke once a year or so lol. But session one was a 10 out of 10 for sure.

Session 2 (Tangiers Blue Gum Ball, Small Phunnel, Exoticas, Wind Cover) ::
- This was my solo session. Again each effortless pull produced enough smoke to flag down a chopper. Being one of my favorite tangiers flavor, I enjoyed ever last puff of it. Smoked for a good hour and half, bowl was not nearly done but I'd had enough. This time I actually tried the purge a few times, each time it perfectly cleared every last bit of smoke, which I'm not used to cause my myas. Again near perfect session, 9.5/10

Session 3 (Fantasia Pink Lemonaid, Egyptian Bowl, Exoticas) ::
- Hate to sound like a broken record but with my packaging skills and this hookah another amazing session. I'm kind of convinced this thing is amazing lol. Some of the thickest smoke ive ever seen! I think km's and traditional egyptians go realllly well together. I almost think this was the best session we had. With the right heat management it smoked like a forest fire.

Overall ::
- This thing smokes like a beast. I feel like I'm just repeating myself ... just get a KM and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Hookah :: 9.5/10 (the only reason i didn't give it a 10 is i dont think anyone has made a perfect hookah yet, and 10/10 is a perfect hookah!

• 2 months later...
Km-31" ICE

(stealing Hobbs format)

Hose:
Newer style hose, not a fan at all, there was what appeared to be hot glue all over the connection areas of the hose. Wasn't expecting a Deluxe or a Ultimate, but come on KM, where is the quality?

Bowl: Brown Egyptian clay bowl, Nakhla!

Grommets: Standard grommets, the stiffer plastic ones.

Vase: This vase is sweet, by far one of my favorites!

Stem: Stem is typical Km fashion, it does, in comparison to a similar sized stem, feel lighter. Which makes no sense since it has more metal in its construction. There was also the lack of the bulge at the bottom of the downstem, it was replaced with a nut.

Tray: Larger then normal, obviously since it has to cover the bucket.

Other: Brushes that were included were not the best I have seen. In fact they are on their way to a landfill right now.

Smokeability: Smokes great just like any other Km I own. Would recommend it to anybody.

Overall: 9/10
I wont give this a 10/10 because it seems a little less quality then older Km's but it is still a great looking/smoking hookah.

• 5 weeks later...
I have the 31" variant of this hookah bought off of thehookah.com My experience with this hookah has been a mixture of love and hate.

First the Love:

- The thing looks awesome, my first KM, and everyone keeps talking about the "slight imperfections" and "ugly welds" that "may appear on your hookah" and near as I can tell, none of that. Looks great, stays as shiny as I keep it. Seriously, looks great.

-The Base I originally got had an uneven top platter but thehookah.com sent me a new one which is great, feels heavy and durable. Looks great, frosted glass with black egyptian hyroglyphic designs. Looks awesome.

- Smokes great, really an effortless pull.

- Love the ice chamber, its great for long hookah sessions where you run out of ice in the base, just add some in the bucket.

Now onto the hate....

- First of all, the purge valve leaks like a madman. There's a piece of metal that keeps the ball from fully closing. Looks like a small oversight and while at the moment it is plugged, I may fix this sometime in the future....somehow...either file it down, put in a rubber O ring...something. Shouldn't be a hard fix, but I shouldn't have to fix this out of the box.

-The major thing I have a problem with this hookah is that at the base of the Ice chamber, there is a tiny leak that for the life of me, I cannot pinpoint the exact location of. The problem is that as Ice turns to water, some of that water leaks to the inside of the hookah stem. Not into the shaft (which near as I can tell is one solid tube) but into the airspace between the shaft and the outer part of the stem. The problem is that I can get a little bit of the water out but not all the water out, and anytime I move the stem, I can hear and feel it move around. I'm really worried, since my senses tell me the inside is going to rust more and more the longer I let the water stay in there. I guess I'm going to drill a hole somewhere to let the water out, but I'm really not looking forward to doing surgery on my new hookah.

- The hose started falling apart after 2 weeks, not a huge surprise to me, but I have a nammor anyway, so it was an easy transition.

Overall, I just have really mixed feelings about it. It smokes like a dream, but its possibly rusting from the inside out. I understand that hookah sugery is to be expected to some degree, but last time I had to do it, it was after 6 months and was on a cheapo $30 grocery store hookah (to be fair, a mideastern grocery store hookah) not right out of the box with a $100 hookah.

Repairs aside, its still great. I smoke my QT and Nour more, simply because this one is too big to fit in my sink and clean properly, but its a nice hookah for when guests are around, makes a great center peice and is great for multi-hour hookah sessions, due to being able to add ice to the bucket later on.

I'm on the fence as to whether to give this a 9/10, because assuming that the repairs are good and all - it rocks, or a 7/10 because I paid $100 for a hookah with a couple of major defects. You decide. I guess it depends on what's important to you.

• 2 months later...
Okay, my first hookah EVER came today. I'm quite excited. Right when I saw the box, I thought this thing was going to be huge, but nah...just tons of peanut (which is reassuring). The Hookah came with tongs, grommets, 3 50g flavors of Nahkla Shisha, 50 pack of Shishaco Charcoal, and I added a travel size cleaning bottle extra. After setting this thing up in my room, I noticed a few imperfections as expected. Some of the silver paint on the vase is rubbed of, the Khalil Mamoon stamp on the tray seems as if it was stamped for too long (It looks somewhat burned in there with some black). However, the stem, vase, tray, and bowl are all in tact other than those small details. I can look past them as they are expected in every hookah. The grommets fit the ports exact and the hose and bowl fit the grommets exact. Perfect fit. It stands quite straight surprisingly with very little lean. Oh, and its shiny biggrin.gif

Haven't gotten to smoke out of it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

On aesthetics alone I give it a 10/10. As for www.thehookah.com - Props. 10/10. Great site.

• 5 months later...
I just got 36' KM chiller imhotep from hookah-shisha.

Strong sturdy stem
nice cold smoke when chiller is filled with snow or ice

Problems:
Water noise stuck around chiller area. It can get annoying but it doesn't effect the smoking.
The bowl grommet metal part on the stem has a lip and has trouble holding tangiers small phunnel bowl. I have been thinking about taking a drummel to it to maybe widen the hole to fit better over the lip.

all in all i give it 8.5 out of 10. Thrilled with how it smokes but the stem has some issues.