Foil As Scalli Mod

Ipp

Well i was reading up on the Scalli mod and I didn't want to wait until Monday to get one here if I ordered i online to try it out so i tried some foil instead and had some decen results actually.

For those who don't know what the Scalli mod is:
Basically its a device you put over the hole in your phunnel bowl to stop heat from going straight through the giant hole and bypassing the shisha(waste of heat). It instead will draw heat from the bottem and let smoke go up and down the hole. This basically will turn your phunnel bowl into a regular bowl and stll stop the precious shisha juices from dripping in your base.

What I did(nothing fancy)
  1. Got a small square of foil just slightly large enough where it will plug the hole and reach the bottem of my bowl.
  2. I poked some holes in it around the edges and crinkled it up. My thoughts about crinkling is it will help create small air tunnels
  3. Placed the foil over the hole and down to the bottem of the bowl
  4. Pinched 4 edges giving it 4 fairly small airways
  5. Packed my bowl
  6. Used 2 coals instead of my normal 3
Results

Smoked just aswell with less coals, which makes me happy. However I do not and have not smoked a true scalli mod so I can't say how this competes. Also the two coals lasted a bit longer then my 3.