Home Made Stainless Bowl

roe1uk

Hi people i have just got the hookah from ebay the other day (see link) it was in a bad way purge valve ball missing,pipe and bowl unusable.
http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=24819

so i decided to do all repairs myself without spending any cash.

I fitted a 5mm bronze ball in the purge valve, (untested as yet)

i have a couple of pyrex glass tubes with ground tapered ends that fit in the hookah and some copex so i will turn that into a pipe this week.

The bowl is made from a stainless steel pepper pot with a 3" length of 22mm stainless tube and the holes drilled out.

i will probably cut the bowl down by 15mm and cut 25-30mm of off the tube.

I have also finnished the pipe today.
i drilled out the holes in the handle and the bit that fits in the pipe then inserted 7.8 stainless tube and glued it in.
i left about 25mm protruding to use as a mouth piece then used about 4ft of 19mm kopex as the tube, but i will replace it at some point with 15mm kopex as i19mm makes the hookah unstable.

Dude, I saw that stuff at home depot and at ace by the foot, I totally wanted to do that, but I dont know how to seal it, it's cut down the side right? with some over hang?

It looks like the stuff nammor hoses use, but there is nearly an infinite amount of different plastics, so every body ask around bout this stuff. Think about it, make your own nammor hose. They have different girths too, so we can customize it too!

VDDZ.
No its not cut down the side, it's a solid tube.
i now have some 15mm kopex ,its more flexable and fits the mouth piece and the other end like it was made for the job.
I got some soex blueburry and some swift lite coal from our local market yesterday so i will fire it up on saterday.
this will be my first time using a hookah so any tips do's and dont's will be good.
thanks.
:Hookah:virgin soon to be lost.

First and best tip I can give you is.... Dont break it in with soex.Terrible stuff. puke.gif Get a quality shisha and get the job done right. Personal opinion there of course. Loving all the custom work you did to the hookah bet it will smoke like a dream.

Outcome.
OK the home made hose worked a treat no leeks and with the stainless tube inserts makes it easy to clean.
The bowl worked as well but i think i need to cut another 5mm from the rim as it holdes more than i can smoke in one go.
The seal on the vase leeked but i will sort thet with insulation tape.
TIBURONSRULE, you wewe spot on with the soux, smelt and tasted like i was smoking grandma.

So the next plan is to get some Black Lable shots and try that,and i will probablt get some proper tobacco as well.

Your recomendations please for the tobacco, nothing to strong!

QUOTE (roe1uk @ Sep 29 2008, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Outcome.
OK the home made hose worked a treat no leeks and with the stainless tube inserts makes it easy to clean.
The bowl worked as well but i think i need to cut another 5mm from the rim as it holdes more than i can smoke in one go.
The seal on the vase leeked but i will sort thet with insulation tape.
TIBURONSRULE, you wewe spot on with the soux, smelt and tasted like i was smoking grandma.

So the next plan is to get some Black Lable shots and try that,and i will probablt get some proper tobacco as well.

Your recomendations please for the tobacco, nothing to strong!

Check the review forum. Any brand with numerous pages is going to be good. For a beginner, Layalina and Al Fakher are both good.

Black Label I've had problems with starting, they take forever and here's a tip: don't get Acaii berry. Tastes like you're smoking pine needles. I'd suggest following Zinite's advice, both are very good and cheap for starting.

QUOTE (roe1uk @ Sep 22 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have also finnished the pipe today.
i drilled out the holes in the handle and the bit that fits in the pipe then inserted 7.8 stainless tube and glued it in.
i left about 25mm protruding to use as a mouth piece then used about 4ft of 19mm kopex as the tube, but i will replace it at some point with 15mm kopex as i19mm makes the hookah unstable.

if the tube is stainless is it any flexible? how much does that cost?

• 2 weeks later...
Ewsang,
The stainless steel in not flexerble, i was inserted in to the pipe handle and the bit that goes in to the apple to make cleaning easter.

Momatik,
The kopex is about £3,00 per meter, screwfix sell it in 10meter rolls, the piece i used was an off cut from a job at work.