NERV

I just found out that one of my friends is
engaged. Where does the time go? I still remember back when every boy
thought, "Ew, girls." Then, in middle schoola and high school, casual
girlfriends. Late high school and the time between graduation and
college, serious girlfriends. Now engagement, before I know it everyone
will be getting married. I suppose 20 years isn't a long time, but it
definitely feels like it.

What'll really get ya to feeling old is when you get to be like me and you realize there are girls you still know and hang out with that you had sex with 15 or 20 years ago! Most of my friends haven't really gotten married, two have, but most are still bachelors, like me.

engaged....... hell most of the guys i grew up with have kids and have been married for a while now. 2 of my younger cousins have kids and just tonight i was thinking about how close my nephew is to being old enough to drive.
but you are right time does seem to fly after 21 i figure it is because the next milestone you have to look forward to is retirement. oh, just noticed your only 20 so i guess you have the big 21 to look forward to but after that it is all down hill .

Gonna be 19 at the end of April.  I really don't feel 19ish...maybe cause I'm still living at home......LAME!  Anywho, the real world awaits...with a spiked mace and an iron gauntlet!

I still live with my mom, best thing you can do until you get married, if you get along with your parent. You owe it to them especially if their divorced...you don't want to leave them alone...thats cruel. As the Muslims say 'Allah have only given you one mother and one father, when they are gone you will have nobody there.' Of course, living in San Diego is pretty damned expensive, the salary you need to earn to afford to buy a median-priced house is currently $133,500 or something like that. Of course, a median-priced home is going to be 50+ miles away, in the next county. Alot of houses are going for $500,000 easy. Small cheese boxes in Hillcrest are $1.2M+. Take my advice, live with your parents, SAVE your money and buy your own home.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey NERV, I'm 26. Trust me live it up while you can but settle down
when you know it's right, no one wants to be the "old guy" at the club.
But yeah, I got friends younger then me divorced allready. Hell one is
in the middle of his second divorce, but if you knew him it wouldn't be
the suprising.

Wyteboy: I got a year on ya and I do have a cane.

Tangiers: Can't blame ya for stickin it out with the parents, cost of
living out in Cali is down right inhumane. I got a good friend out in
LA, he's couch surfing in a crappy apartment for $500 a month. Yep $500
to sleep on a damn couch.

It'll be okay guys, trust me. I'll be 40 in a few days. All this talk of being old while in your middle 20's is nuts. That's because I personally was at my Peak between 26 and 30. Those were the best days. Single, in Germany, living in an apartment, had a hot car and had several girls helping me out in my apartment's upkeep.
No dudes, the late 20's are awesome years! I'd be sad because you aren't there yet! Trust me.
MR Bubble

In my case, 31 was when my back received the "final blow" and I started feeling mighty old at that point. 9 years later and things aren't too great. Your mileage may vary.
I have a very drastic plan and I'll let you know the outcome in a few more weeks.
MR Bubble

• 2 weeks later...
turnin 20 in july. my friend's just got married a month ago and i feel the same as you nerv  =Pabout the house prices tang, i live in ventura county, in the thousand oaks area, the one with the 1million dollar shoeboxes. but it was 500,000 when we baught it. house prices have gone up dramatically over the past years. i know when i move out of this house, im going to have to find a really good paying job or move to a different area.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='RoDenT']turnin 20 in july. my friend's just got married a month ago and i feel the same as you nerv  =Pabout the house prices tang, i live in ventura county, in the thousand oaks area, the one with the 1million dollar shoeboxes. but it was 500,000 when we baught it. house prices have gone up dramatically over the past years. i know when i move out of this house, im going to have to find a really good paying job or move to a different area.[/quote]whoa dude .. who would have thought that i would find someone who lives just down the road on a small forum like this ;P  i just moved to oxnard last november.as far as the age thing goes ... 16 - drivers license, 18 - lotto tickets and tobacco, 21 - legally drink, and 25 - car insurance goes down ... after that, it's just one year after the other ;Pi'm 23 btw