Assistance On My Wip Hookah

thehelios

UPDATE

(The whole PVC problem is gone. The smoke has no contact with it at all so no more weird pvc'y flavor). I'm very paranoid about my hookah snapping in half (which happened to my old one) so I wanted this one to be fully collapsible with heavy duty parts. NOTHING on this is epoxied, glued, welded, etc except for the second hose valve when not in use (there's a plug when you look in the picture). This is air right on its own weight.

I went back to Lowes and bought a female gromet that would screw onto the brass rod I had in there already. I then put my old hookahs stem in the gromet because I can't figure out how to have a bowl gromet system w/o gluing anything. So this also has 2 hoses.

Side note: The center stem is able to freely move up and down. Can yall think of anything interesting to do to this?

Old Post:
I was wonderng if a half inch of exposed PVC near the bowl will affect the flavor of the smoke? I can be so sure if the weird flavor is either the PVC or the hookah since my hookah right now tastes like crap (I have some new stuff coming in soon). Anyway, here are pics.

You can see the piece of PVC in the middle

There, you can see the half inch of exposed PVC.

Im wondering if adding another brass tube, which gives the PVC no exposuire to the smoke, will be ok. Edited by thehelios