Can You Light Coals With A Blow Torch?

i just got coconaras and was wondering what would happen if i lit coals with a blow torch. I know my torch goes up to well over 1000 degress and was wondering if it would get the coals too hot. I just wanna know because of heat management and stuff like that.

Edit: Does using a blow torch heat the coals faster? Edited by frost91

I use to always light coals with my blowtorch, although having a hairdryer to blow them without after you get them a bit lit works even better. They'll be nothing wrong with using the torch, although using the stove is a little quicker....

this has been asked a lot I would recommend searching next time. I light coals with a propane torch. The answer is yes. The only problem is that you have to be there the whole time while they are lighting. You can't just put them there like on a stove and come back a few minutes later and grab them.

QUOTE (voski @ Jun 9 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this has been asked a lot I would recommend searching next time. I light coals with a propane torch. The answer is yes. The only problem is that you have to be there the whole time while they are lighting. You can't just put them there like on a stove and come back a few minutes later and grab them.

This is where my hairdryer comes into play, light the coals a bit with the blowtorch and then prop the hair dryer up pointed at them and walk away. By the time you come back you should have coals that are red hot and ready to go....

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jun 9 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is where my hairdryer comes into play, light the coals a bit with the blowtorch and then prop the hair dryer up pointed at them and walk away. By the time you come back you should have coals that are red hot and ready to go....

fucking brilliant! I will try this.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jun 10 2008, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and ashes everywhere.

I just use my grill with the CocoNara's.
I put them on their side at an angle so they're in the diamond position on the bars of my grill itself just above the flames and close the lid. In about 10 minutes or so (i put them on the grill before anything, so by the time they're done, the hookah is all set up) the grill is at 900 or so degrees F and the coals are on fire when i pick them up with the tongs...
But yeah a propane torch works just fine, it's just annoying to sit there and torch 3 coals while one of the sides doesn't get lit, then you have to pick them up and torch the bottom before you put them on your bowl. mellow.gif

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jun 10 2008, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and ashes everywhere.

Not really an issue for me, I always light my coals outside regardless of what kind/brand they are, i live with other people and even though I may not mind a bit of coal smell some of them do. Thus I respect there space and limit the smell to the sweet scent of hookah.